Some feature future ideas

I really love the newest nightly build!

There’s so much potential for this program in the future, I was wondering if the creators of Pencil2D will implement a way to make custom brushes from transparent png images? Like, have the opacity change in a certain way or perhaps the color changes when it touches another color? Also if they added a blur brush or a blending brush.

I just really like the idea of custom brushes!

Another idea perhaps in the future; Blending options? Like layer blending options.

Also, is there a way to change the canvas size? Like setting it in different sizes for different things; or perhaps pre-set canvas options when opening the application?

For example of image aspects:

• 1080x720 4:3
  • 1920x1080 16:9
  • 1080x1080 1:1

Or some way to create and save presents?

When a user presses new, I noticed that it kept the same size canvas. I’m wondering perhaps if there was a menu that pops-up for canvas sizes.

I’m looking forward and excited to see the newest update of the application! :smiley: :slightly_smiling_face:

@squid You should probably refer to this thread. MyPaint version pre-alpha preview

Thanks to developer CandyFace, Pencil2D’s current brush engine will be replaced with the MyPaint brush engine in the foreseeable future.

AFAIK that engine has most of the capabilities you ask.

Regarding the canvas size, Pencil2D is different than most drawing software. What you change is not the size of the canvas, but the camera frame size that looks over the canvas (which is theoretically infinite; this depends on your PC specs tho)

To change it double click over the camera layer (yellow layer) we have a guide for understanding the camera here: [Guide] Understanding the Camera Layer

Pencil2D only works with a pixel-aspect ratio of 1:1 (square pixels) The resolution aspect ratio depends on the pixel size you set by yourself (e.g 1920x1080 > 16:9)

A preset feature for new files will be added to the upcoming version of Pencil2D and will be found for configuration in the menu Edit > Preferences > Files Category > Startup Settings Section

These Presets will save various settings, and even though we are still testing them, probably the most important for you is indeed camera size and variable layer types and amounts e.g Like you can have 3 bitmap layers starting up instead of the vector + bitmap, though you always need to have at least 1 camera layer though. This way you can always have one of your custom presets work as the default created file when you press File > New File

Thank you for your interest :slightly_smiling_face:

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.