This weird bump thing happens when I draw a curve or a circle, mostly happens when I’m writing but I rarely see it when I draw. Is this an error on my side?
@razzy Hi, this can be a mix of various factors, but for now let’s boil it down to the following troubleshooting steps:
- Regardless of your tablet brand, if you’re using Windows you NEED to configure Windows Ink please take a look at this existing thread and the guide I answered with Wacom intuos jagged lines windows 10
- In Pencil2D for every drawing tool turn off the “stabilizer” option → Set it to
Nonethis setting is actually a jitter or noise filter, it does not smooth strokes as something like Lazy Nezumi
- Sometimes too obvious, you must have the latest updated drivers for your particular drawing tablet model.
However know that some models that are too old, even if you are using their latest drivers from 2 years ago will have compatibility issues with every software, including Pencil2D, however some apps do some black magic wizardry to try to smooth out the signal from those tablets, however it is recommended that if you buy an older tablet:
- They should be either very popular and receive constant software updates e.g I have a Wacom Intuos 5 Pro which is like 10 years old,
- OR get a recent tablet that has a revision number e.g XP Pen tends to release V1 and V2 of the same model, which has hardware updates and more support.
For now try out point 1, 2 and 3 (just in case make sure your drivers are the absolute latest and hopefully recent ones), and let me know what works and what doesn’t. Then we can take it from there.
p.s. Please always when reporting hardware issues state:
a. Operating System
b. Graphics Tablet model and model serial reference (e.g Wacom Intuos 5 Pro PTH-450)
I found the issue!! It seems that the 2nd one was the right solution. Thank you tons for the answer, really helpful!
@razzy Thank you for getting back to us! It helps a lot so we can narrow the issues in a way that developers can investigate them and thus improve the software.
If you need anything else let us know
This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.