Please, help me

Actually, I have a problem with the camera layer. If I want to move a bit the camera, or changing the plane, or move progressivement the camera, It doesn’t works.
Can anibody help me, please?

Here’s a video that explains it.

I actually do that, but it don’t work!!!

@Mimikyu007_OwO If you do exactly as in the video, then I can’t help you.
Are you sure are on the camera layer? That you make a keyframe where the camera move should end? That you move the background while you are on this new keyframe?
If so - you have to wait for someone else to help you. Sorry.

Mmm… You tried it. Thank you

OK @Mimikyu007_OwO. I’ve now had time to try it myself, and it works as in the video. Here is how you make a pan from frame 1 to 50:

1. Choose the camera layer, keyframe 1.
  2. Choose the hand tool.
  3. Move background to where you want it to start.
  4. Choose frame 50.
  5. Add a keyframe by pressing the ‘+’ sign.
  6. Move background to where you want it to end.
  7. Press the play button.

Your background will now pan from start to end position.

1 Like

Uhhh… I didn’t mean ‘’ did you tried it?’’, I said ‘’ You tried it’’ meaning that I’m glad you tried to help me, but my program don’t work like yours or in the video.
Thanks for the help.

As long as you are using the same version of Pencil2D (v0.6.4), it behaves the exact same way for everyone. You are most likely doing something wrong and if you won’t listen to our instructions or pointers on steps you may be missing, then we cannot help you.

Do the steps exactly as @davidlamhauge describes, and if that does not work please record a video screen capture of the issue and link to it here so that we can see what you’re doing and why it isn’t working.

1 Like

I can’t do that! I don’t know what’s happening here…

Uploading: Captura de pantalla de 2019-09-04 11-28-33.png… Uploading: Captura de pantalla de 2019-09-04 11-28-28.png… Uploading: Captura de pantalla de 2019-09-04 11-28-27.png… Uploading: Captura de pantalla de 2019-09-04 11-28-25.png… Uploading: Captura de pantalla de 2019-09-04 11-28-23.png… Uploading: Captura de pantalla de 2019-09-04 11-28-21.png… Uploading: Captura de pantalla de 2019-09-04 11-28-20.png… Uploading: Captura de pantalla de 2019-09-04 11-28-18.png… Uploading: Captura de pantalla de 2019-09-04 11-28-17.png… Uploading: Captura de pantalla de 2019-09-04 11-28-15.png… Uploading: Captura de pantalla de 2019-09-04 11-28-11.png… Uploading: Captura de pantalla de 2019-09-04 11-27-56.png… Uploading: Captura de pantalla de 2019-09-04 11-27-49.png… Uploading: Captura de pantalla de 2019-09-04 11-27-46.png… Uploading: Captura de pantalla de 2019-09-04 11-27-27.png…

I mean, I have do all the steps, BUT IT DONT WORK!!!

How did you upload the picture on the workspace?

@Mimikyu007_OwO
Have you tried to make a video where you record your screen?
It looks like you use Linux, and there I prefer Kazam. Install it from command line with ‘sudo apt install kazam’, or use whatever you use to install software.
I really need a video, to see what happens, and where it goes wrong.

I trie to make a video, but my computer works bad, and dont records good.

With the option : ‘’ Import’’

What format of the pictures is? What size? Do you use mouse or tachscreen

It gives me nothing that you write that you try to make a video, but the computer works bad and don’t record well???
So:
Is your OS Linux?
Have you tried to install Kazam?
Can you use Kazam?

I think this isn’t a problem of the user but a problem with Pencil2D, and this could be a problem with Linux specifically, I know there were reports that the camera behaved strangely, but at least it’s been known to work (the other user could at least move the camera)

@Mimikyu007_OwO Can you try changing the program language to english and see if the camera at least moves? I know it sounds dumb but it’s possible the language localization symbols are causing issues.

Once you do this If you’re using a graphics tablet can you try moving it with the mouse ?
Does it move with the mouse? Yes? No?

Also are you using the Pencil2D AppImage? If you are let us know and try installing the FlatPak version intead. Here are the instructions:

Flatpak

Install:

1. Open your terminal window type and execute this code
    flatpak install flathub org.pencil2d.Pencil2D
  2. Then once it is installed type and execute this
    flatpak run org.pencil2d.Pencil2D

If it still does not work with David’s steps the only thing I can think of is to try installing the Pencil2D that comes with the Linux distribution using their app manager, this is just to know if the camera works at all or not.

If you use the package manager pre installed Pencil2D, It should be a really old version but this would be only to try if the camera works on that version.

1 Like

Nothing works… I tried everything, using the terminal, try to change the languaje, following steps… But anything works. I think it’s a problem of my computer…

Yes, my OS is Linux. And, I don’t used Kazam. I’m going to trie it.

I CAN’T USE KAZAM!!!
MY COMPUTER IT’S HORRIBLE, IT’S SILLY, IT’S LINUX!!!
NOTHING HAPPY HAPENS TO ME!!!
I can’t do nothing…