Nightly Builds

@Cirus and @Matt,

About building with source code, I must apologize but I definitely gave up using source code for building Pencil (or any other soft, if I am asked to do that). I had to format my computer the last weekend, it was getting too much blue-screens for my taste. It was unworkable that way…
I realized that my win7 became very unstable after an attend to build a new source code.
So I am not whiling to take another chance of getting blue-screens… if you know what I mean :slight_smile:

Besides that, I am continuing testing Pencil with the “Nightly builds” as @Matt called it

@Cirus

You did deliver what you promised!
The tool adjustment for the control of the size-tool is really nice. It has now a smooth control over the cursor and that is all what is needed. I think it is really fine like that. Thank you!
And the other feature, shift+ctrl for a temporary erase cursor is a wonderful addition for a fast function! Thank you

Never mind, @kaiko, building Pencil is not easy, let us developers do it.

We need your testing and first hand feedback in every nightly build, it’s always helpful.

OK @Matt,

Glad to be helping :slight_smile:

@Cirus, I am testing your build on mac OS X 10.6.8. Some of the QT libs were missing in the .app so I added them myself. The app is launching now and seems to work well!

Thanks for your work!

Nightly build July 30 2013 is out.

I compiled nightly build July 30 2013 for mac OS X here

Many thanks, @feeef !!!

Your link is in the first page now.

You’r welcome Matt! :wink:

I will try to do the Mac build every time then.

I may intensively test the mac version on the next few weeks. I am working on integrating 2D animations on a cookery show we are making. I love pencil and I am so glad it is back to life! :slight_smile:

Thank you guys!

@chchwy,

Every new feature and bug fixed are OK and very stable.

No big bug to report right now.
Now it seems that you are concentrating on improving the tools already presented on Pencil2D

Thanks to you and to the other developers!

Nightly build July 31 2013 is out.

@chchwy,
YOU ARE INSANE !!!

Last build 31July

Bug:
@chchwy,
The custom Keyboard list is unplugged. Only default shortcuts are active

Another BUG, already reported, the temporary EraseTool got stuck

I just noticed that the builds I am making for mac don’t include the QT libs. They are not stand alone and require QT to be installed here : /usr/local/Cellar/qt/4.7.4/

I am working on making the mac app stand alone but I am not very familiar with QT so I am struggling a bit.

Sorry about that.

Well, you can ignore my previous post. I found a way to make the app stand alone with macdeployqt.

I will commit a small script to easily run that from the project folder.

@feeef

You’re welcome! I’m nothing but a novice here, yet familiarizing with pencil’s new code.

By the way, I 'm not receiving all the comments because my tag is @jose

Pressure is a “must” for all tablet users, thank you for fixing it!

Nightly build August 2 2013 is out.

@chchwy,

Could you replace the mac download link with this one => https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/02cwqqpj1xxcv0k/Pencil.dmg

The dmg is auto generated by the deploy script so it’s better for me to use this one.

Thanks! :slight_smile:

Thanks, @feeef

I have updated the link. :slight_smile: