MyPaint version pre-alpha preview

By the way, have you ever thought about implementing a full-screen mode? See image That will save a little bit of space for the canvas itself :smile:

Working fine :smile:

1 Like

Quick progress report (27/3/20)

I was made aware that artifacts still appeared when drawing on multiple layers, this should now be fixed.

Whatā€™s changed:

• Fixed another artifact issue that appeared with multiple layers.
  • Re-added ability to hide layers.

Only windows builds are uploaded to the cloud currently

Win64 : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7zQuPZEO_64UDVrZFkzZmhSSmc

Win32 : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7zQuPZEO_64QmNxdG84WDN5Znc

Make sure you grab the latest version ( beware the timestamps! )

By the way, have you ever thought about implementing a full-screen mode? See image That will save a little bit of space for the canvas itself

You can request that on our github, it would be useful and weā€™ve had it requested before but itā€™s not part of my mypaint integration, so feel free to make an issue about it there ;)

@MrStevns thatā€™s been indeed requested by him ever since last year https://github.com/pencil2d/pencil/issues/1151

2 Likes

Hi, for some reason the newest builds wonā€™t launch for me. The one for February does, as does the ā€œregularā€ nightly from March 29th. March 18th, 21st, and 27th donā€™t start up or even give an error message (I also tried running as admin); the stable build also launches fine.

As an aside, that stroke lag problem I mentioned earlier doesnā€™t seem to be in the March 29th build.

@Noobimator have you tried this

I should mention that you probably need to delete the brushes folder from appData/roaming/pencil2D/Pencil2D, when youā€™ve done that, try to open the application again

Sorry, I missed that post. But that did work, thank you.

Tested this for two days and it was perfect. One more wish but feel free to ignore,. Could you please add xsheet feature? One thing that stopping me for not using this great piece of a software for production is the non-existent of that specific feature, simply because we usually put our cue for lipsync and notes for the inbetweeners inside xsheet.

As a person whoā€™s been using tvpaint for almost a decade, the brush feels almost identical. Thank you, sir

We have an x-sheet timeline in the works, so itā€™s coming. The mypaint integration too should hopefully also get into the main branch when itā€™s done. Thereā€™s still some time before that happens though. X-sheet will not be added in this branch alone, I hope that answers your question :slight_smile:

Glad to hear that, thank you! Really appreciate your hardwork

I think Iā€™ve found a glitch with the brush configs, it refused to consistently save my configuration. I can get around it or consistently save the config by choosing the brush next to the one I was customizing. The build I was using is this version pencil2d-win64-2020-03-30 from Candyfaceā€™s gdriveā€¦

Iā€™ve uploaded the video, pls see wetransfer link below

Also donā€™t mind the miss aligned cursor in the video, itā€™s a bug on my screen recorder. Thanks

I released a new version yesterday, fixing a couple of things about the brush config logic. The save button is also gone, changes are saved automatically now. See if you can reproduce the bug in that one :slight_smile:

New version fixed it, thanks @MrStevns

1 Like

Quick progress report (02/4/20)

This release is mostly bug fixes and re-adding functionality, like the ability to rotate the canvas.

Iā€™ll attempt to merge with our master branch next, since Iā€™ve got enough mypaint painting working, except for some onion skinning and related. Thereā€™s been quite a few changes in my painter for this to work but also changes in the canvas painter on the master branch, so weā€™ll see how that faresā€¦

Whatā€™s changed:

• Removed save button from brush configuration window, brush changes are always saved now, discard your changes if you donā€™t like them. Changes can be discarded until another brush has been selected.
  • Fixed a bug that would crash pencil2D if you moved an empty frame
  • Fixed a another bug that would crash if you selected an empty spot from above 240 on the timeline (frames cache boundary)
  • Fixed last used brush used for tool had stopped working.
  • Fix drawing on rotated surface would cause artifacts.
  • Fix not being able to clone brush for same tool

Only windows builds are uploaded to the cloud currently

Win64 : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7zQuPZEO_64UDVrZFkzZmhSSmc

Win32 : https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B7zQuPZEO_64QmNxdG84WDN5Znc

Make sure you grab the latest version ( beware the timestamps! )

Tested, but no brushes, the ui looks exactly like the master pencil2d. Tested with the latest version (all of 20-04-02 variants) in the gdrive folder. Deleted Pencil2D in appData didnā€™t make a difference. Version 04-01 worked with no problem

Hmm looks like my last attempt to avoid deploying other branches didnā€™t go through, there were 3 builds from 2 of April, the first one includes mypaint but the two others were master buildsā€¦ Iā€™ve made another attempt to avoid those builds for now. There should only be one build from April 2 now and that one includes mypaint.

1 Like

That did the jobā€¦ By the way, I donā€™t see any reason for ā€œuse feather, anti aliasing and pressureā€ check boxes in options as itā€™s handled by mypaint brush config. Checking those three wonā€™t affect anything either, dunno I might be wrong here

Thats old functionality that will be reworked, Iā€™m hoping to keep that window for quick brush settings but weā€™ll see. Currently as you stated, itā€™s in a non working state.

1 Like