Incredibly frustrating bugs

@GameDevDave Hi. Sorry to hear you’re having these problems.

Let me address each issue one by one and most of these problems normally occur with tablet input and windows OS, however if you’re using Linux systems please get the digimend drivers for your appropriate tablet model https://digimend.github.io/

This is going to be a bit long, so apologies for the wall of text :brick:

Windows OS & Wacom Tablet Related Issues Breakdown

1. The undo problem you mention I’ve had it too, it seems it’s an issue that doesn’t happen widely. I hadn’t reported it as I thought it only happened to myself. This seems to happen once per session. You have to draw and when you undo for the first time it fails to undo, so I normally have to undo with Edit > Undo /Redo to stop this behavior and then it starts working properly.

I’ll report this soon seeing as you’re also having this problem and once I can find a way to predictably reproduce it.

2. The scrollbar issue sounds weird, feels like the tablet input is somehow not calibrated if you have to double click.

Make sure you calibrate your screen tablet first, even if you had done it already, calibrate it again, and if possible use an application profile for Pencil2D.

This issue could also happen with Wacom tablets due to the annoying Windows Ink drivers. If you can please take a look at your driver settings and make sure to turn off “Windows ink”, although in Windows 10 it seems that setting is sometimes not entirely effective, but that’s a problem between Wacom and Microsoft at this point.

That said, here’s a guide for some Wacom tablet troubleshooting that you should consider trying out as well, particularly the compatibility switch, if you’re using a Windows based OS > Pencil2d automatically creates straight line when i put my drawing pencil on it

3. The eyedropper issue is actually a problem with Pencil2D. I’ve had it a lot.
    It seems that when you alt + tab the eyedropper gets locked into focus, so when you come back and try to draw it uses the eyedropper instead of the tool you had selected before.
    To me it has been extremely frustrating as well, though this has been happening for the past two version according to my testing. I’ve yet to report this issue as I thought It was only a thing that happened to me, but reading your report it seems that’s not the case.

4. As for the canvas pan tool not updating, are you using spacebar? that’s the only key that will temporarily activate the hand tool, if you select the tool directly with their shortcut these are permanent.

5. The dpi is broken on windows and other system for hi-dpi resolutions due to how the base technology accomplishes hi-hpi scaling between operating systems.

Basically the only workaround we’ve found is to enable compatibility with Windows 7 for the Pencil2d.exe file which incidentally also fixes various issues with tablet input. This problem is currently under investigation by the development team. Unfortunately it’s been extremely difficult to find the root cause :pensive:

On the other hand If you meant to describe the issue where resizing the panels and windows tend to overlay the contents of panels, this is a new bug we found recently and it’s been reported to the ticket tracker.

The current work around for this is to stack some of the unused panels into the ones that you use more to reduce layout space being taken, I made a simple video in this answer so take a look> Timeline keeps disappearing whenever I press ALT