Brush Shapes (NOT a shape tool)

I think it would be a cool idea if Pencil 2D had shapes for the pen (the one I want most), pencil, and paintbrush tool.

By shapes I mean, the Brush itself not a tool for making Squares, Circles, etc. I’ve seen that recomended MANY times already. What I mean is: The brush would draw as a square or line instead of just a circle. This could allow for 1. filling in parts that are exposed to other colors instead of using the fill tool. and 2. Getting sharper edges than circles.

I understand that adding something to a program is not easy AT ALL so I’m not expecting this to to be added right away. Programmers don’t get enough credit.

Does anybody agree with this idea? Is this already a thing and I’m just dumb?

Thanks for reading!

1 more thing. Is it okay to post/ask stuff this often?

EDIT: I added a image to show what the brushes may look like: 1. Circle Brush (already added) 2. Square Brush 3. Line Brush

1 Like

I see what you mean, concerning the shape of the strokes created by the brush/pen tools and such; there are other ways to get around the situations you mentioned above. Like the Fill tool’s tolerance and expansion mechanisms (Nightly builds, I think). I guess I’d have to understand the benefits of this idea before suggesting it myself.

[By the way, I’d suggest you should refrain from beating yourself up for no reason in your post, as this forum is here for honest questions, requests, or other community activity. Admittedly, it’s nice to see activity on here, so never worry about posting too much (given that it’s relevant and appropriate). Remember also that if you have an honest question, you’re not being dumb.]

Thank you for posting your ideas! It is great!

1 Like

@StarShine100 This will be viable when the new brush engine is finished.

You can test a separate experimental version and report your feedback in the thread below (make sure you jump to the latest comment and look for the developer posts that have the download links attached.

2 Likes

Thanks!‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎ ‎

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 28 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.