What is the official definition of 'Hand Drawn Animation'?

Here I am again. I hope this doesn’t devolve with us insulting each other. I hope we can be civil despite our animosity towards each other.

“Hand drawn animation” is a technique where you draw each frame by hand. You add a new frame and draw, add a new frame and draw, etc… Each frame of animation is a new drawing done entirely from scratch.

That obviously is very time consuming and laborious so most, especially TV animations, try to save effort by reusing parts, reuse whole section of animation, or animate only a small part instead of drawing each frame completely, etc… We call that Limited Animation. A common limited animation style is found in Anime where the only thing that is actually animated is the mouth of the characters and the rest is just a still image.

Don’t take this the wrong way, but stop aggrandizing yourself. Just take a peek at Wikipedia:

If you consider video game animation as computer animation, then we have, in 1970s, Pong:

And it isn’t even the first video game.

Even 3D animation existed since 1970s:

And how exactly do you animate with your computer 40 years ago?

Because of course? When you share stuff you will get feedback.

Like with my work doing animation exercises, I got this:

And I’m glad I got it.

We are supposed to get criticism of our work to help us improve.

And seriously, we don’t really argue about your work or criticism thereof. We are actually arguing about what is Hand Drawn animation and what is Cut-Out animation.

Yes. As long as you draw each frame individually instead of copying/reusing earlier drawings and then moving parts around (essentially a puppet without rigs) or using rigged puppets.