What is the definition of hand drawn animation in the Pencil2D Community?

Show this to your sister about what I write to you in the previous discussion:

Your sister has the same problem as you about not reading what others wrote.

let me address the cartoon of you by myself and not by your laughable strawman.

Why can’t traditional animation be drawn with vectors.

I had answered this in the previous topic and the answer is: Yes! Hand-Drawn Animation can be done with vectors. Vectors, raster, doesn’t matter, just as long a you draw each frame of animation by hand.

My process is sketch, ink in and then colour, just like yours?

(Each cell is an individual drawing) So are my cell drawing!

We are not talking about creating a single picture/image but creating an animation. That is, how you create your sequence of frames of animation. Hand-Drawn Animation is where you create each frame of animation by drawing each by hand. If you are cut & paste the previous drawing and move the pieces around to create the frames of your animation, you didn’t draw each frame by hand, and by definition, you didn’t have hand-drawn animation.

Are you saying you Draw each cell From scratch?

You never cut & paste and trace?

If you want pure hand-drawn animation, then cut & paste is out.

Tracing is actually a big part of hand-drawn animation. When we create a new frame, we referenced or trace parts of the previous drawings, i.e. the onion-skin feature. Creating animation cels require you to trace drawings from paper. One technique called Rotoscoping actually is tracing over live action footage.

Why is hand-drawn animation like this?

Just go back to the history of term. Before we use computers (hence the other name Traditional Animation), we animate using paper. To create a new frame of animation, we take a new sheet of paper and draw. We don’t take the previous drawings and cut them up to make the new the frames, that would just destroy the previous drawing and the product would literally be useless further down the animation process.

Here is a video of such process demonstrated by a veteran:

To make a hand-drawn animation in your computer, you essentially replicate this process in it.

That is the definitions of the term. That is what it means. If you don’t take my word, then how about Wikipedia:

Traditional animation (or classical animation, cel animation, hand-drawn animation, or 2D animation) is an animation technique in which each frame is drawn by hand.

No one told you not to animate your way (or your style as you say), but your way is just not hand-drawn/traditional animation. it is not just my opinion, it is the fact of the matter.

If you can’t accept my answer because I’m a lazy newbie with no experience whatsoever and therefore not qualified to tell you anything, or you won’t take Wikipedia’s either because for whatever reason; JoseMoreno points you to where you can find experts who are more qualified to answer your inquiries. Go there, show your work, and ask them. With qualified people, hopefully, your search for answers would finally come to an end.

Do what you believe is best. I’m sure there are other forum/Discord groups out there who would take you in (maybe to the Animation World Network that JoseMoreno pointed you to). And then, you can present your questions to the people there.