Vector Pen Curve Control?

Okay, so I was wondering if there was a way to control the curve of the vector lines. When I draw a line it puts down two anchor points at the ends of the line. However there is a third anchor point that controls the curve and I’m not sure how to move it. So is there a way to control the curve of the vector line? Thanks.

@soulsfanatic Hi, I’m afraid the Vector engine is currently in development as it is. Developers will be working on it for a future version, but they’ve had to fix the whole program by parts, so we don’t recommend to use the vector layer for now, as drawing and filling are incomplete; a work in progress.

With that said, if you want to move the vector lines you can do it by using the finger tool on the control points; just click and drag. Once you pick the tool you’ll be able to see the same points and move them.

However bear in mind that if you use the “polyline tool” to create lines, it also makes “curves” automatically, even if you turn on or off the “bezier” checkbox it will still create this pattern. So when you use the finger tool if you drag a point in such way that the lines form an acute angle, the “joint” will become sharp. Whereas if the angle is obtuse, the joint will be “curved”.

If you want less points on a line drawn with the pen tool, please go to the preferences > general tab, and turn the “vector smoothing” slider all the way to the right. If you want more points in a similar stroke, just leave them all the way to the left.

Lastly, if you require vector artwork for something complicated or for an important piece of work, honestly it would be better to use a vector program for now, something like inkscape which is free as well, but hopefully these tips help you to achieve whatever you are creating right now.

We sure hope that the vector engine will improve though, but there’s a lot of work to be done! :smiley: