VCRUTIME140_1.ddl was not found

i was installing pencil2d and i got the error that VCRUTIME140_1.ddl was not found I would like to know a fix to this problem this :slight_smile:)

@lukeeeeeeeeeeeee Hi. This and other errors like it appear usually due to your windows operating system not being up to date. These files are programming components that Pencil2D has to use in order to work properly under Windows.

To fix it go to the Pencil2D program folder and execute as an administrator the vc_redist.exe file that you can find there.

IF this file does not solve your issue please download the one from microsoft site directly: Latest supported Visual C++ Redistributable downloads | Microsoft Learn

Make sure to navigate to the Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 section and download the appropriate vc_redist.exe file according to your CPU architecture (x85 for 32bits, or x64 for 64 bits)

If you are unsure what bit computing capacity your computer has please read Microsoft’s FAQ under the second question How can I tell if my computer is running a 32-bit or a 64-bit version of Windows?:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.