Timeline is Stuck

Hello, this is my first time posting here for help.

A few months ago, I installed this app, and tested it out for its animation features. It works really great and smooth!

Cutting to today, I was multi tasking ( looking over my phone, and using pencil2d on my Windows 10 laptop), and somehow, the timeline box (the box with the layers) moved up to the top of my screen, covering the file, edit, options buttons, and the x on the top right corner of the screen.

^ If the image loads, this is what the screen looks like now, with the box being stuck.

I really don’t know how this happen (because I wasn’t looking at my screen, I apologize), but all I can guess is maybe my cursor somehow held the box and slide it to the top of the screen, and now it’s stuck and I can’t access anything above the screen. I uninstalled and installed the app again to see if it can reset itself. It didn’t work, and the box is still stuck. I even tried holding it down with the cursor, but it didn’t move.

Does anyone know how to fix this?? The assistance would really help, and help ease some stress.

Thank you for reading this. I hope you have a nice day.

date: 2020-03-27

@Tehrealwave Hi. Well it’s clear that the panels were moved involuntarily. what worries me is that the timeline is perfectly positioned in a way where you can’t see, but don’t worry.

There are a few ways I can think to fix this.

Option A

1. Move your cursor towards the top edge of the screen. Even if the timeline header is hidden you’ll see the cursor change to a double arrow icon. Use it to decrease the height of the timeline enough so you can see the header and move the timeline out of the way.
  2. Go to the menu bar Windows > Reset Windows
  3. To prevent this happening again use the Windows > Lock Windows option

Option B

1. Hover over the Pencil2D icon on your taskbar
  2. Wait until you see a miniature. Right click on the miniature preview name.
  3. A pop-up menu will show up. Click on “Restore”.
  4. The Pencil2D window will become smaller instead of full screen.
  5. Now you will be able to decrease the height of the timeline form below until the main screen shows the menu bar.
  6. Take steps 2 & 3 from Option A.

I have windows 10 pro and I have tested both options. Either should work.

Well normally when something like this happens, we recommend going to Windows > Reset Windows in the top menu, but you’ve covered that up! To work around that issue, first try using the bottom right corner of the timeline window to shrink the timeline until you can see the “Windows” menu at the top. Then go to Windows > Reset Windows.

Let us know if that works for you. If it does not, we will work out a different solution.

1 Like

I tested out Option A, and it worked! Thank you so much! I’m not much of a computer user/wiz , so this event kind of worried me too much. But now, I can rest easy. I lock the windows to make sure this won’t ever happen again.

Again, thank you! I’ll be careful next time!

1 Like

@Tehrealwave No worries. We’re always hereto help if it’s possible for us to do so.

Thanks to this thread one of our devs is looking into improving this problem for Windows users, as it’s more common a problem than one might think, particularly when using a tablet since one is not really aware if the pen or hands are touching the surface, or not, so people have moved the panels in crazy ways before, so we’re kind of experienced when giving support in this area :wink:

If you need anything else let us know, we’ll try our best to assist you. Stay safe and good luck! :raised_hands:

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.