The eraser tool wont work

So, my eraser tool has been broken for a day now and I don’t know what’s going on. I looked around on here to try and find ways to fix it (such as trying to use my mouse and spamming ctrl+shift), but none of them worked. Is there anything else I can to do fix my eraser tool?

@Raison_D_etre Hi. Welcome to the forum. First of all, please make sure you’re using the latest version update, 0.6.6. You can get it form the official website at https://pencil2d.org/download

1. It’s possible that you are using the experimental quick sizing feature and when using the CTRL + SHIFT shortcut in rapid succession the shortcut jams into the quick sizing one (SHIFT + LMB). I’ve had this happen to me in the past so it’s quite possible this is the cause of your issue. To get out of this state you have to press the E key to invoke the eraser or literally click the eraser icon in the toolbox.

In general I’d advise to please not use the CTRL+SHIFT shortcut. I’ve personally been pushing for it to be abolished because it’s a bad shortcut. In general I would prefer the user to temporarily press the same key. It’s better to get into the habit of pressing E and then B instead of pressing CTRL + SHIFT.

1. Another possible problem causing you issues is that your eraser has too high of a feather value. Unfortunately this is something that was coded incorrectly and if you set your feathering specifically to 99, both the brush and the eraser won’t draw nor erase respectively. To check this simply disable the feathering checkbox and use your mouse. If it works like that then that’s the issue.

If none of these cases apply to you, I’m afraid I’ll have to ask you to send a video recording of the entire interface showcasing the problem, otherwise it’s a bit difficult for us to investigate specific issues like this considering the tools are working properly for a majority of users as well as developers.

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.