Support for saving and loading .ora files.

Since the new .pclx file format very similar to .ora format I decided to add functionality for saving and loading as .ora. Saving will take highest bitmap layer and save its frames as readable layers in mypaint. (only one bitmap layer sadly :frowning: ), other non-bitmap layers will be included still.

Currently saving is done, so all that is left is loading. Will update when done. :smiley:

Hopefully this will be of some use if feeef decides to continue implementing the libmypaint.

note:This is the first time I’ve done anything of this sort so expect some degree of noob coding.

Thank you very much @soulaxe! I am in the middle of fixing the save / open feature of Pencil. Let me know when you have finished implementing this and I will merge it with my updates.

@soulaxe Hey that is some awesome news! It doesn’t matter if it’s not as polished as you think it might be, but’s a great idea and a step in the right direction to party with other open-source software!

Also call me crazy but imagine if we could draw every keyframe in Krita and test it in Pencil in real-time, while retaining the layers in both programs? I wonder if this particular workflow would appeal to other krita artists who are looking for an animation function.

I mean this would be after the import-export functionality is developed, but thinking of implementing a plugin-like behavior with real-time share & update between programs doesn’t sound half-bad hmm… Sh*t I hate not knowing how to use Qt and C++ to help you guys! :’(

Thanks a lot for your hard work!!!

Update:

I’ve ran into some problems with the code, after realising using the “save as” option to save ora files wasn’t the best approach I tried to redo it as an export option under the export menu. Everything should be somewhat functionalble but the code won’t compile due to the following errors:

mainwindow2.obj:-1: error: LNK2019: unresolved external symbol "public: void __thiscall ExportLayerOraDialog::setLayerOffset(signed char)" (?setLayerOffset@ExportLayerOraDialog@@QAEXC@Z) referenced in function "public: bool __thiscall MainWindow2::exportLayerOra(void)" (?exportLayerOra@MainWindow2@@QAE_NXZ)

mainwindow2.obj:-1: error: LNK2019: unresolved external symbol “public: signed char __thiscall ExportLayerOraDialog::getLayerOffset(void)” (?getLayerOffset@ExportLayerOraDialog@@QAECXZ) referenced in function “public: bool __thiscall MainWindow2::exportLayerOra(void)” (?exportLayerOra@MainWindow2@@QAE_NXZ)

moc_mainwindow2.obj:-1: error: LNK2019: unresolved external symbol “public: void __thiscall MainWindow2::importLayerOra(void)” (?importLayerOra@MainWindow2@@QAEXXZ) referenced in function “private: static void __cdecl MainWindow2::qt_static_metacall(class QObject *,enum QMetaObject::Call,int,void * *)” (?qt_static_metacall@MainWindow2@@CAXPAVQObject@@W4Call@QMetaObject@@HPAPAX@Z)

I’m not sure why this is happening but I think it might be due to setting up the QAction for the ui in ui_mainwindow2.h

So here’s the part where I start asking for help; I can’t seem to get past this error, and I don’t know where it’s originating from so if anyone could take a look at this and figure out what’s up

Source:

onedrive.live, com/?authkey=%21AEggSjCYJJiC3kM&cid=3AF076D53C725A64&id=3AF076D53C725A64%211095&group=0&parId=3AF076D53C725A64%211094&action=locate

I added a function called “exportLayerOra” in MainWindow2, but this is just a port of the already working implementation in the ObjectSaveLoader::Save. So if anything look there to see how its meant to work.

Though if anyone would like to get their hands on a somewhat working version with ora saving here is compile before all these errors:

1drv, ms/1MWsbb7

Note: to “export” you have to use the save as option, but as I stated before you cannot re-open these, so ensure to save a .pclx also.

My posts seem to be getting deleted…