I am an animatic artist and a big part of my work involves trying to fit all the scripted action and dialog within the length of the show.
Meaning I will be moving and copying and deleting frames and audio in the timeline all the time.
P2D will be very useable for this purpose if it could have a fully functional timeline. I am sure most of these are on your to do list but still here it goes…
For sound, my suggestion would be to mimic flash.
- Instead of sound strips, use a keyframe as the begining of a sound file and let it play until it is cut off by another keyframe.
- Also adding a duplicate keyframe should slice the existing audio at current position and adding a new keyframe should insert a blank frame that cuts the existing audio into silence.
- Also a feature to offset the sound without moving the frame would be nice.
- Since that will need some reworking, as a more “urgent feature” please allow adding multiple sound files all at once, adding them to the timeline sorted alphabetically across time.
- Since P2D can’t slice audio files in the timeline right now, I could chop large audio files in audacity and bring them to P2D so that parts can be moved around freely. But the number of files will go into the hundreds. So this is much needed.
For the timeline, my suggestion is to basically mimic Krita.
What I am looking for:
- Ability to lock layers from editing.
- Select and move frames and sound strips in multiple layers across time.
- Drag-drop slected frames into any layer of same type(cam/sound/bitmap/vector). If possible also for multiple layer selections only when all source and destination layers are of same type. When multiple types are selected only allow movement across time.
- Ctrl drag-drop duplicates.
- Drag drop replaces instead of swapping keyframes around like it does now.
- Remove frame in all layers at current-position (or length of selection) and pull.
- Insert hold frames in all layers at current-position.