Hi friends, I want to start my first topic by clarifying how much I like pencil2d, it’s a great animation program but the real reason why I open this topic is for say that it lacks some things. And what could they be, those things?
Well, to begin with:
* It is necessary to accommodate the cursor, since it is only a point literally and it is difficult to position it in screen, since it is difficult to view that point…
- This program needs a tool to modify vector lines, and which be only activated in the vector layer.
*Shapes; Circle, square, a pentagonal figure to which you can add more and modify the position of the vertices.
- Configuration of size of the page or place of work, and that can be modified after, without erasing what has been created.
- Manipulation of imported images.
- Small slot, type “library” for images, sound and vectors.
- And last but not least, the possibility of moving the frames of position. you can modify the time frames separately or you can choose to leave it as a time unique to all frames.
At the moment are the ideas that I think, (I know they are not original ideas, but are very necessary for this program) soon, I will give more ideas that I have.
An advance of these ideas is:
- Your own library with pre-designed objects … (could be)
I hope that can be read by someone and comment your opinions.
* This program needs a tool to modify vector lines, and which be only activated in the vector layer.
Once you have drawn with a pen tool on the vector layer, then use the smudge tool to modify the vector lines. Although it needs a bit of an update so that it looks like a proper vector modifier to change the curves, etc.
* Configuration of size of the page or place of work, and that can be modified after, without erasing what has been created.
Double click the camera layer, change the resolution, that will atleast deal with the size of the workspace. Moving that camera, I think that was possible earlier, but for the time being its disabled while other bugs are sorted out.
@andrewgarcell Hi and thank you for taking the time to outline these ideas.
Most of them have already been proposed on our Pencil2D live document which you can review here:
The library one seems interesting, I’ll be sure to add it there then and credit this thread of yours if that’s ok.
Some others are already present in Pencil2D as Sumit already posted, however they do require further improvement as they are far from perfect.
Ideally the project requires programmers more than anything so if you know someone who wants to flex their programmer muscles in a community project tell them Pencil2D is the way to go lol.
Apologies that it took me so long to answer your query, I’ve had some difficulties lately. Take care.