Questions about length of animation

1)Is there a way to make my animation longer than 240? I animate at 24fps and that’s only 10 seconds, which is not enough for me

2)Can i adjust the audio lenght? I want to work on a song that has silence for the first 5 seconds, how do i cut it shorter? and for example i want the song to stop at one point, how do i cut it then?

Thanks for reading, i hope someone can help me

@confusedotter Hi Yes. I could swear I’ve already responded to a similar question. Regardless here’s the answer:

1. Go to Edit > Preferences > Timeline > Timeline size in frames [input your number of frames] , you can have up to 10,000 frames, but it’s not recommended to go beyon 1~2K frames as this is mainly dependant on RAM memory and Pencil2D might crash with 10K frames.

2. Hmm this is a bit trickier, even if you have the latest development version which has improved the way audio works this is not currently possible. My advice is to use Audacity to cut and remix your sounds to get your full length or arrange several sound layers inside pencil2D to “construct” the sound.

I’ll add this idea to the feature requests so maybe in the future we can have this ability to resize the sound containers in order to limit it’s exposure :slight_smile:

Thank you, this helped!
I also have another question which because a problem jsut now; When i want to replay my animation from a certain point, and not the start, the animation may start from whever i clicked, but the audio starts from the start, is there a way to fix this?

@confusedotter This has been fixed in the latest development version. You can now play sound from any frame, although we still are missing a scrubbing feature but this will come in due time.

If you want to download the new version and you don’t know how to obtain it please follow the instructions on this video :slight_smile: