Pls answer this

So I use Pencil2d for my youtube videos since I’m starting out, but when I export them and change the canvas size, it comes out low quality. I believe this is because it is trying to fit it with the new canvas size I set. So I think the fix would be so I could select the canvas size when I make a new animation. So my question is how do I select a canvas size?

I don’t think we can select canvas sizes. The thing you adjusted when you exported, I don’t think that’s the canvas size, because it says that it’s the resolution. And since you made it “smaller”, you were actually lowering the resolution, the quality. Hope this helped! :D

@boislit_animates Very sorry that you did not receive a reply sooner, this post must have slipped past us somehow. You suspicions are correct, the size options in the export dialog will scale your project from the default dimensions to fit the dimensions you specify. When you are making a new animation, you can select the canvas size by double clicking on the camera layer. Technically this can be done at any point during your animation, but if you want your drawings to be the correct size and resolution, you should do this before making your drawings.