pencil2D web version :)

Heeey…
Woah.
I had a dream today :slight_smile:
I dreamed that pencil2D was a web app :slight_smile:
It would be wonderful…
No compiling, no C++, no installation…
It would be awesome.
Well, I setup a little test here. It’s just a GUI, there is almost nothing to see.
But I had some fun doing it !

you will have a problem with this. No pressure sensitivity.

Currently it is possible to use a jtablet driver to get some pressure sensitivity with java- but it works only on windows- the other ports are not very good
http://jtablet.cellosoft.com/

If you make the interface in html5- possibly making it easier to compile that would be fine.

I dream of a day when we can use any program or game just by typing the address. :smiley:

I’ve been looking into this kind of stuff too, but the main issue I ran into was file management. From what I find, there seems to be no easy way to create or use files other than images.

That’s what I came up with:

It works with multiple people too. :stuck_out_tongue:

@tsun_mint : really nice !!! Got it online ?
What do you mean about file management ? Opening / Saving / etc ?

Currently it is possible to use a jtablet driver to get some pressure sensitivity with java- but it works only on windows- the other ports are not very good
@blurymind : there is also a Wacom driver doing it. But for sure this is only a question of time before all browser can support this.

Web is the future, it’s nice. :smiley:

aw, come on guys… why reinvent the wheel :smiley:

Qt is multiplatform. Pencil2d’s interface is nice as is. There are other more important features worth making useable instead of redoing the gui.

For example the pen tool on vector layers is horrible with that automatic line bending to get glued to other lines.
Look , I even made a video to demonstrate the problem:

Can you make it so the user can disable that behavior?
And glue a line to another line only if it has crossed it.

Also the bucket tool is not very consistent right now- with vector layers. Some times it does not create a fill at all. When I zoom in and out for a while and try again- it does.

I am saying this because if those two werent kind of broken, pencil would have been great for doing animation for a 2d video game I am working on right now!

Vectors means:
-I can readjust color palettes and reuse enemy sprites with different colors.

• I can readjust line thickness to get it to look right on a specific resolution
  • I get very crispy lines

Instead of remaking the interface or removing key selling features, why not polish what we’ve got a little bit more. It is truly great!

@gordie

It’s only on my xampp server on this computer, so I tend to close it when I’m not testing out. This was my first working programming project, there’s so much I want to change and add and remake that I haven’t gotten into making a “real” website for it yet.

What I mean by files, is that I don’t know of any way to create or edit for example video files with javascript in a web browser. From what it seems, you have to send whatever you have to a server and have the server do the work. I’m still very new to developing though, so I don’t know for sure. :slight_smile:

I was actually working on an animating feature in it when it was in a very early stage, but it would be very troublesome if you can only save a long sequence of images. :stuck_out_tongue: Otherwise it worked pretty fine though.

Qt is multiplatform. Pencil2d’s interface is nice as is. There are other more important features worth making useable instead of redoing the gui.

@blurymind : yeah, you are right… But it’s sometimes frustrating because lots of people here have great ideas; but not much do know C++… Which leads to @chchwy being almost alone developping Pencil2D; while a lot of people do know web languages :/

why not pick python instead? Its easier to learn, multiplatform, its fast and it will greatly reduce compilation time.
Works out quite well for Mypaint and Blender :slight_smile: