So I just started using Pencial2D about 2 days ago and I’m trying to add audio. I recorded the audio on my phone and I GMailed it to my pc, but when I open Pencial2D and try and fin the file its not there.
@Doodeler Hi. Currently there seems to be an odd issue where you have to add the sound in a very specific way. Pleas try the following:
- Go to the topbar menu > layer > New Sound Layer OR Press
CTRL + ALT + WOR Press the Layers plus (+) button on the left part of the timeline widget. - A name box will be prompted, give the sound layer a name.
- Once a new sound layer has been added, press the Plus (+) button next to the Keys label OR Press
F7on your keyboard. This will create a new blank keyframe and immediately open a file explorer / folder browser - Find the file you want to import. Select it. Press Open.
- You should see an elongated keyframe that represents the entire duration of the sound. You will not see a waveform; this is pending implementation.
Note: Right now the other formats are in preview. The only ones that work are WAV and MP3’s with open codecs like L.A.M.E