My project file got corrupted. Please help!

Hello, Hope you are doing good.

There has been an issue related to my project file being corrupted. I have been working on this project for about 2 weeks and today out of nowhere the project file got corrupted. It says the file has been partially corrupted. I don’t have a backup of this file either and the project is due in a week. I don’t know what to do.

-Therefore, I request you to please help me resolve this issue. I will be grateful Thank you.

@hussain1819 Hi. Sorry to hear about your issue. Unfortunately there are only a few things we can do.

For now please upload the corrupted file to wetransfer.com using their anonymous link feature as per this guide https://wetransfer.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/115004254743-How-do-I-send-a-link-transfer-

Send me the link i’ll take a look at it. Meanwhile I do this please follow step # 4 of our Pencil2D Project File Corruption Prevention / Partial Recovery Guide

This will at least let you see if there’s something else that can be recovered from your computer as a countermeasure. If you found nothing resembling your animation data, then move to step #7 of the same guide and try using a third party file recovery software.

Personally however, I will suggest you start over, I know it’s painful but if you still have time you can make up for it. If you want advice on which software to use to create your work faster let me know.

I’m saying this because more often than not these recovery techniques are the last resort we have for corruption, and they unfortunately have a low chance of working.

I also suggest that regardless of software you always make manual backups, this is a necessary habit if you become a professional animator.

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.