More concept art animated series

I hope this would help.

The issue seems to be because you aren’t familiar with the structure of the head and can’t see its form in 3D. Maybe you have followed tutorials about how to draw the face/head. They help, but only in very limited situation, like only if you draw in a certain view (usually the front view). The problem comes when you have to draw the face/head in different views, like the 3/4.

From what I can see, you still try to draw the 3/4 view like it is the front view. For example, the chin is still inside/centered in the neck area. That is how it is in front view, but not when the head is turned to the side. Here, I replicate the error. I mark the chin with a red dot. The center one shows the same error you did.

In general, you have the “lollipop head.” That is, your drawings have the neck centered beneath the head, like a lollipop:

This is apparent with Derrick who is in profile view.

However, the neck is actually attached further back:

And just for fun I draw Mark Robertson in my style but taking some of element of your style. A fan art if you will. I didn’t really do well getting the likeness.

Better start my own animation project too.

1 Like

YOOOOO THAT’S SO COOL :+1: :smile:

You have my respect for redrawing Mark like that

And thanks for help with the head advice

I’m coming back to this post after awhile and just realized you said ‘you didn’t do well in capturing the likeness’ but I would beg to differ. Especially in the front facing one, I designed Mark to be like a stereotypical white person :joy: no offense but not too white because he has brown eyes- and I love the jawline you gave him. Absolutely perfect rendition of my character outside of the original source.

Full body shot of Mark Robertson

Awesome! He looks like he is about to bring out his dance moves, Michael Jackson style.

2 Likes

It’s officially on IMDb :fire: :+1:

Whoa! That’s pretty neat!

1 Like