Making new tools from GIMP and Inkscape

Why don’t we take to source codes from GIMP and Inkscape to make tools for Pencil? Everyone really needs a good animation software and Pencil has the potential to become one.

Oh, and then give credit to GIMP and Inkscape.

@Matt could this be feasibly done? If so, I’m definitely on board for trying build that myself! I mean, it would take forever and probably wouldn’t work, but I’m desperate for tools here.

Also, can I suggest Firealpaca’s source code? It has a less complicated interface than GIMP, and has an easy way to make your own brushes.

But there’s something I like about GIMP. Something that no other software has it. Gimp has a good smoothing settings for the brush. I want that.

@AdamMZ, Personally I don’t know what the original purpose of Pencil project was. Build up an <span style=“line-height: 1.5;”>open source</span><span style=“line-height: 1.5;”> “Flash-clone” or… something different ?</span>

I think that’s not just a “copy and past code” matter, filling with tools, filters (routines, classes, objects) and other selcted stuff taken from Gimp, Inkskape, MyPaint and even Blender and Flash itself …

The complexity and unstability of the whole software would grow together, without increasing of its performance

Tiber

@AdamMZ, Personally I don’t know what the original purpose of Pencil project was. Build up an <span style=“line-height: 1.5;”>open source</span><span style=“line-height: 1.5;”> Flash-clone or… something different ?</span>

I think that’s not just a copy and past code matter, filling with tools, filters (routines, classes, objects) and other selcted stuff taken from Gimp, Inkskape, MyPaint and even Blender and Flash itself …

The complexity and unstability of the whole software would grow together, without increasing of its performance

Tiber