Just a small, small list of ideas XD

CAUTION: This topic CAN contain bad English grammar(

First of all, I need to say a BIG BIG thanks for the latest version 0.6.2.!!!
It’s amazing! I had a lot of problems with MOVE tool, but now it’s much better.
And here comes Number One:

1. Good COPY/PASTE option for cells (frames). I usually want to move cell on another layer, but I can’t do this with EDIT menu, nor with shortcut.(

2. MAKE LAYERS CHANGE THEIR OPASITY!!! It’s very important, if you’re
    making sketch animation before the line-art. I can’t see difference between layers and don’t know where to draw.(

3. ELLIPSE tool will be cool too! And advanced POLYLINE tool - you set a “graphic” for your line, and then draw! (similar tool in “PHOTOSHOP”, or in app “FLIPACLIP”))

4. Also - COPY/PASTE for drawings. You duplicate you’re selection on the same cell and then you can change it. ( flip left / right)
    If I am right, it’s called “TWILLING” or something…)

5. Settings for ONION SKIN color (light-table) (or am I cool enough?!)))

6. Cool SELEST tool (I think LASSO tool will be the best)

I hope you will add some of this ideas in a new version 0.6.3!!!

(SECOND ONE IS THE MOST IMPORTANT!!!) :grin::wink::sunglasses:*

@GreyBaloon88 Hi. thank you for your ideas. Here’s the status for each issue:

1. This will be addressed by this feature but we don’t know when the review will be ready, so we have to be patient: https://twitter.com/pencil2d/status/1048663132187635713
  2. This will happen once the timeline is re-written, however the old table mode will be brought back soon so you can do stuff like this: https://github.com/pencil2d/pencil/pull/1160
  3. This is already on the roadmap, but I don’t know when someone will work on it :sweat_smile:
  4. You can already flip your drawings by:
    a. Creating a selection over your drawing
    b. Going to Edit > Selection > Flip X / Y
    You can also rotate selected drawings by pressing CTRL + Click inside the selected element.
  5. You can change the onion skin color by pressing the respective buttons in the Display Panel:
    The onion skin settings are also located in menu EDIT > Preferences > Files
  6. Yes, Lasso is also a very requested feature, but we don’t know when it can be made possible. We need someone that wants to work on it :slight_smile:

Hope this answers your queries. Have a good day!

1 Like

Thanks!:grinning:

1. WOW!!! The dark style is really cool!

2. I already know about this thing, as I said - I’m TOO cool.:stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

This is very interesting for me. Could someone please advise, how can I input this plugin to Pencil?

@ariadna Unfortunately you can’t insert it as a plugin, you’d have wait for the feature to be merged or compile the application yourself.

2 Likes