Every time i try to use the “import” button in the files tab, i choose a file, and doesn’t show anything at all, from on the frame to another notification window. any way to fix this?
@O_O Hi. Welcome to the forum. To answer your question:
It really depends. If you’re trying to import an image file you must fulfill the following conditions:
- You must have a bitmap layer selected (blue tint) // A vector layer will not work for this.
- You must make sure the selected layer has at least 1 blank “keyframe”. In theory the app should create one for you while importing, but It’s better to be safe.
- After you use the File > Import > Image command you still must make sure you are importing a “legal” file type such as JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP or TIFF. No other file will work (for now).
Note: That means formats such as WEBP, AVIFF, PSD, or anything else won’t work. You’ll have to convert them into another image type first.
If after trying it out like this, you still can’t import the images, you must check that the downloaded file is actually an image file. Let me explain. We’ve had ppl report similar issues in the past, and it turned out a file they had downloaded was incorrectly tagged as an image file and Pencil2D wasn’t able to understand it because those files were not actual images.
So check first if you can open the file using your file with your operating system default “Preview” tool. i.e:
- Windows: Right click > open with > Photo Viewer
- macOSX: Right click > open with > Preview
Then try importing the file(s) again. If it doesn’t work let us know and we can check some additional troubleshooting steps.
thanks for the info, works now
This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.