How to mute one track when exporting?

I’m not sure if this is a bug or if this feature is not available, when exporting I would like to silence one of the tracks I have in my projects, but even if I disable that layer it shows up in the final video, how can I fix this?

1 Like

As far as I know there is only 1 way to achieve your objective. That is load the file, say its called James.pclx. Save a second copy as James-Muted.pclx Delete the audio that you want muted from James-Muted.pclx Output as video

Warning Make sure you are not saving the second copy, using the first filename. Sometimes on Windows this need care, due to how Windows operate.

Use the SaveAs function

This will allow you to type in the new filename

Then click on save

This will change the filename above the menu line, within PENCIL2D

Then you can delete the audio you wish to mute

Export the revised animation using the Export function with the File menu.

1 Like

It was a very in-depth explanation, thank you!

I hope this will be an integrated feature soon.

Yes, deactivating the sound layer, would be the most intuitive way to mute a sound. And there could be a checker in the dialog:

without sound

Thank you!

Hey

Just letting you know, a proposal for this has been made and the change will appear in a nightly build when someone reviews my work.

2 Likes

This should now be fixed in our latest nightly build Nightly Builds | Pencil2D Animation

2 Likes

yes, muting works in NB 619.

This feature has been integrated into the Pencil2D master source code. Anyone will be able to test this by testing the most recent Nightly builds as mentioned by MrStevns above

Closing thread as resolved.

1 Like