Frames are erasing themselves

@thedarkturty Hmm, that’s seriously not good. I’ll ask the devs around to see if they can prioritize reviewing your issue. If possible can you share the project file you’re using right now? It might contain hints for them on why this is happening. You can upload it here: https://www.pencil2d.org/contribute/share.html

Also, have you used Pencil2D before? like a previous version? if you did there might be some hope to restore the program in case this is a problem with Windows 10 specifically (we’ve had other issues reported that involved only that OS as well).

Deleting Pencil2D Preferences via Win10 Registry

Right now I’m thinking you’d have to delete the explicit registry folder for Pencil2D, since opening the program again can regenerate it. The trade-off is that you would lose your preferences.

To edit the windows registry on Windows 10 do the following as there are two ways to open Registry Editor in Windows 10:

• In the search box on the taskbar, type regedit . Then, select the top result for Registry Editor (Desktop app).
  • Press and hold or right-click the Start button, then select Run . Enter regedit in the Open: box and select OK .

Once you’re there go to the left pane and look for the following folder structure:
HKEY_USERS > SERIAL FOR CURRENT USER (this is a long number) > Software > Pencil > Pencil

If you can’t find it, then just click on HKEY_USERS and then press F3 to search for the word “Pencil”

Delete the Pencil folder for the registry, and then reopen Pencil2D to have it created again.

Note: This is an advanced procedure and you must make sure only to delete that folder, deleting
anything else may cause instabilities in your system.

IF this doesn’t work, then we’ll ask one of the devs to test the file you send over in a Windows 10 machine.

If you can recall when or how did your Pen get locked as an eraser like that, please let us know, the more information the better.

For now, if you feel Pencil2D is acting up too much I’ll also leave a list of alternative software you could use to work meanwhile we test this issue. If there’s a way to reproduce the bug and we manage to find it and fix it, I’ll gladly let you know once that happens.

Alternative Animation Software List
http://pencil2d-software.tumblr.com/post/145767476221/when-youve-worked-all-day-on-your-animation