"Folders", and "Merge Layers" Option

Hi! I really like Pencil2D, and I think it’s one of the best free animation software for beginners and hobbyists.

Although this software is amazing, there’re still some missing features that would make this software a whole lot better. It would be nice if there were an option to add “Folders”, and “Merge Layers” for the sake of neatness of the workspace and better workflow. I hope you guys consider adding these features in the next update. Oh! and a dark mode so I don’t burn my eyes when working at night.

Have a good day!

Note: I’m not too sure if these features don’t actually exist in the current version, perhaps it’s actually there and I just can’t find them.

1 Like

@DemasuYuki Thank you for taking the time to share your ideas with us. Certainly we have deemed necessary a “merge” layer functionality as well as “Folders” for organization purposes. Right now however it is not possible to accomplish this because the developers have agreed that the timeline needs to be rewritten first in order to improve how the timeline can be extended and polished for future version. Until this happens we won’t be seeing these kind of improvements in full capacity.

That said, there were some contributions that were pending review which should allow to simulate a layer merge, however this is halted until developers start implementing some upcoming features that have been sent for review ever since February.

For now, let me assure you that we are aware of these necessities and we really hope to be able to have them incorporated into the software as soon as possible :slight_smile:

1 Like

I see, I understand and I’m glad to hear that! best of luck to you guys and especially the developers.

1 Like