Différences entre les versions - differences between versions

Bonjour Ou est ce que je pourrai trouver les modifications qui sont apportées pour chaque version night build? Ca serait pour voir les différences entre chaque version.

Bonne continuation

Where will I be able to find the changes that are made for each night build version? It would be to see the differences between each version.

Good continuation

Stéphane

@mcsblanc Hi. You can actually see each “commit” or registered task in the source code repository https://github.com/pencil2d/pencil/commits/master

I’m not sure about the frequency but I believe nightly builds are created each day, if there are new tasks added of course, so you simply have to look at the written tasks between days to notice the differences.

We don’t really have enough time to write every single change between development builds, and we try to summarize the most relevant tasks for the release version “change log” which you can find here: https://github.com/pencil2d/pencil/blob/master/ChangeLog.md

To add to what Jose has already said, if you really want to know exactly what has changed between two nightly builds, you can take a look at the version information in the about dialog (Help→About). For nightly builds, this dialog also lists the “identifier” (a long string of letters and digits) of the commit from which the build was created. You can then look up the commit identifiers of both builds in the commit list which Jose linked at the top of his post. Every commit after the one from the older build, up to and including the commit shown in the newer build is something that changed between those two versions. The descriptions of those changes can be a bit technical, and a lot of it is probably not very interesting from a user perspective, but it’s the best we have right now.

1 Like

Merci pour toutes ces précisions. Je vais y jeter un œil.

Bon courage pour la suite

Thanks for all the details. I’ll take a look.

Good luck for the future Stéphane

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.