Crafting a Distinctive Color Palette for Pencil2D Enthusiasts

Creating swatches in Pencil2D can be challenging, especially for beginners. To ease this process, I have developed a user-friendly palette generator software called Rickrack. This tool empowers you to generate a set of harmonious colors based on various color matching rules. With Rickrack, you can swiftly create a practical and compatible palette of swatches tailored for Pencil2D. Here are the steps to use this tool:

1. Select your desired color matching rule to define the relationship between colors in your palette, such as analogous colors. (It seems that only one image can be uploaded …)

2. Adjust the colors of the gradient palette by moving the tags on the palette.

3. Export the palette to a format recognized by Pencil2D and import it into Pencil2D.

This software is free and open source, Github address:

3 Likes

Here are the steps to use this tool:

1. Select your desired color matching rule to define the relationship between colors in your palette, such as analogous colors.

1 Like
  1. Adjust the colors of the gradient palette by moving the tags on the palette.

1 Like

This is pretty cool! It’s great to see people creating P2D-compatible software.

Please keep posting updates if/when they come.

1 Like

Of course, welcome to improve it together. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Pretty good idea! I think, i will test it out. Thank you!

1 Like

Rickrack is released to Snapcraft and can be installed directly with the following command:

snap install rickrack

Snapcraft page:

1 Like