Changing The Length Of Individual Frames

Is it possible to change the duration of multiple frames individually?
Like i could have one frame last 5 seconds and one frame last 1 second in the same animation?

I need to be able to make one specific frame shorter then the others without changing the rest too.

I moved your post to the Installing Pencil2D / How to category – Site Feedback is for posts about this forum and our homepage. Since it seems @MrStevns is already composing an answer to your question, I’ll leave that part to him.

Hi SepticShock

Yes that is possible, all you have to do is to make sure there’s enough room between your frames on the timeline.

Say you run the animation at 12 fps, then the first frame would last 60 frames (for a five second montage), and your last frame would last for 12 frames.

So it would look something like this:

Is there a way to make only one frame shorter without effecting the others?

@SepticShock Hi, think of the frame containers as individual paper that can hold drawings or be empty. Since there’s an automatic exposure system that makes the frame appear over time until there’s a new drawing, in order to make one drawing exposure “shorter” you just have to put a new drawing on the frame you want to negate that exposure:

Simple example:

Say I have a drawing A in frame 1, and a new drawing B in frame 10.
Drawing A will be visible from frame 1 to 9. If I want drawing A to be visible only up until frame 5 then I can either, insert a new empty drawing E on frame 5 OR move drawing B to frame 5. That’s it.

So if you don’t want to move the other frames, just insert a new empty drawing container.