Certain audio won’t import?

Hey there,

For a long time I’ve used an old old version of Macromedia Flash 8, serial number and all. However, recently Adobe’s been on a hunt and warned people will get sued for using older versions of their products. So I didn’t want to take the risk, and I switched back to Pencil. I must say, though, it’s changed tremendously, I love it! My only concern is this: I want to add a short song file to my sound layer. I import it but it doesn’t seem to play or show up on the sound layer. This happens to a few other sound files, but for the most part it works. Why is this, and how do I fix this?

Thanks!

We currently only support certain mp3 codecs, so just because you have an mp3 file does not mean that Pencil2D will be able to play it. As a workaround, we recommend converting audio files that you are having difficulty with to wav files, which should always work. Audacity is a free and open source application that can open mp3 files and save them as wavs.

1 Like

Hey, thank you very much, I appreciate the speedy response. You guys are doing an amazing job developing this program. I can’t wait to see where it goes, and it certainly beats paying 30 bucks a month to rent a product that used to be mine perpetually.

Thanks again for the help, I’ll be converting my MP3s to WAVs from here on out.