Can't install because of .dll

So, i’m trying to install the program, but everytime i click the installer it asks for a dll file. I donwloaded some that it asked, but it always asked for more.
Can someone help me? I already reinstalled the program.
-Matt

@Matt Hi. Pencil2D does not need to be installed. It is run like a portable file. For these types of issues it is important that you write the full name of the error or share a screenshot that contains it, otherwise it’s rather difficult to provide you with the proper workaround since there are actually various issues related to dll’s due to windows.

However with that said the known issues troubleshooting guide is on the download page towards the bottom but i’ll quote them here anyway:

Troubleshooting

• Qt5Widgets.dll was not found
    1. Right click on the file you just downloaded and select the option Extract all to use Windows explorer to unzip all the files.
    2. Go to the location you just extract to, find Pencil2D.exe and double click on it.
  • msvcp140.dll is missing Double click and install vcredist_x64.exe or vcredist_x86.exe (that comes) inside the Pencil2D folder.

Note: If you have a 64bit Windows use vcredist_x64.exe, otherwsie use vcredist_x86.exe

• api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll is missing Please follow the instructions of this Microsoft Help Page.

Ok then, msvcp140.dll, check.
But api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll i already updated my windows 8 64 bit and nothing.
Qt5Widgets didn’t asked yet
edit: i downloaded api-ms-win-crt-runtime-l1-1-0.dll but now it asks for api-ms-win-crt-MATH-l1-1-0.dll
Should I download every single dll that it asks for or there’s some different way to do that?

@Matt Those are windows files that your system requries to run different things, not only Pencil2D. If you didn’t have them at first, it must be that your windows installation is quite recent or is missing critical updates.

For example, the MSVCP140.dll used to appear when I tried to play some newer games back when I got my computer. The solution was installing the proper Visual Studio Redistributable Files (vcredist)

The api-ms-win thing I onlyever got it once, but that was because my windows wasn’t up to date.

Those files you should only install or get once, or unless you format your computer and reinstall windows, you should require them more than once.

If you’re using Windows 8 and you still have trouble starting out the software, even after getting the proper files, then try to run the Pencil2D.exe file as an administrator inside the extracted folder. That is simply right clicking the file itself and choosing the option “run as administrator”.

Another thing that might help is to choose the properties of the same file (Pencil2D.exe) right click > go to properties > compatibility tab > enable “run with compatibility mode” and choose Windows 7.

If nothing works, then you might need to check if your anvitirus is blocking the file from executing. It happens often because Pencil2D is open-source, that means it’s not “signed” by a big corporation, because you need money to do that (and a certification from Microsoft), in that case just making the antivirus ignore the folder is enough.

Other than that I’m not sure what other ways we can suggest for you to make it work. But if everything else fails, then let me know and i’ll share a list of alternative software you could try instead of Pencil2D. Cheers.