I can’t export my animation as a video. I don’t have any option to change the file type. Please help. It says: Command: C:/Users/lol you thought/AppData/Local/Temp/Rar$EXa12388.42818/Pencil2D/plugins/ffmpeg.exe -f rawvideo -pixel_format bgra -video_size 800x600 -framerate 9 -i - -threads 8 -i C: /Users/no/AppData/Local/Temp/Pencil2D-wFNHeE/tmpaudio.wav -y C:/Users/no/OneDrive/Pictures/Saved Pictures/haha no.pcl ffmpeg version 4.1.1 Copyright (c) 2000-2019 the developers of FFmpeg built with gcc 8.2.1 (GCC) 20190212 configuration: --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-sdl2 --enable-fontconfig --enable-gnutls --enable-iconv --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libfreetype --enable -libmp3lame --enable-libopencore-amrnb --enable-libopencore-amrwb --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopus --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libtheora --enable- libtwolame --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx264 --enable-libx265 --enable-libxml2 --enable-libzimg --enable-lzma --enable-zlib --enable- gmp --enable-libvidstab --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvo-amrwbenc --enable-libmysofa --enable-libspeex --enable-libxvid --enable-libaom --enable-libmfx --enable-amf – enable-ffnvcodec --enable-cuvid --enable-d3d11va --enable-nvenc --enable-nvdec --enable-dxva2 --enable-avisynth libavutil 56.22,100 / 56.22,100 libavcodec 58.35.100 / 58.35.100 libav format 58.20,100 / 58.20,100 libav device 58.5,100 / 58.5,100 libav filter 7. 40.101 / 7. 40.101 libswscale 5. 3,100 / 5. 3,100 libswresamp 3. 3,100 / 3. 3,100 libpostproc 55.3100 / 55.3100 Input #0, rawvideo, from ‘pipe:’: Duration: N/A, Start: 0.000000, Bitrate: 138240 kb/s Stream #0:0: Video: rawvideo (BGRA / 0x41524742), bgra, 800x600, 138240kb/s, 9tbr, 9tbn, 9tbc Estimated Channel Layout for Input Stream #1.0 - Stereo Entry #1, wav, from ‘C:/Users/haha no/AppData/Local/Temp/Pencil2D-wFNHeE/tmpaudio.wav’: Metadata: encoder: Lavf58.20.100 Duration: 00:00:07.44, bit rate: 1411 kb/s Stream #1:0: Audio: pcm_s16le ( / 0x0001), 44100 Hz, stereo, s16, 1411 kb/s [NULL @000002737c6bb380] Could not find a suitable output format for ‘C:/Users/no/OneDrive/Pictures/Saved Pictures/sansteleportsandkillsyou.plx’ C:/Users/no/OneDrive/Pictures/Saved Pictures/sansteleportsandkillsyou.pclx: Invalid argument Exit Status: CrashExit Exit code: 1 System information Pencil2D version: 0.6.6 (stable) Build ABI: x86_64-little_endian-llp64 Kernel: Win, 10.0.19043 Operating System: Windows 10 (10.0) final
Ok try a few things first
- Try to render to a folder that has no whitespaces in its name. Maybe try to render to C:\ if possible.
- Make sure the actual file name has no spaces either.
- Don’t save directly to one drive. Save to your local mahcine first, and then copy & paste it in the one drive folder to avoid issues with how one drive works.
- There seems to be an issue with the file format since it says
C:/Users/no/OneDrive/Pictures/Saved Pictures/sansteleportsandkillsyou.plxthe filename should end in PCLX, not PLX
- After checking all that, make sure you don’t have too many sounds on the same layer, particularly if they are on top of each other. Rather make several audio layers to overlap sounds properly, otherwise the plugin software might have issues merging them.
You might need to delete and reimport the files before it works, but just in case create a new save file specifically to try deleting sounds.
Note: Personally it’s better to always make the audio in a separate video editor, it’s easier and what professionals do all the time.
- If after trying these workarounds you still cannot render, please send me a private message with the zipped file so we can take a look and see what’s might be happening with the file itself.
It looks like you‘re trying to trying to overwrite one of your project files (sansteleportsandkillsyou.pclx) with your exported video. Please instead save your exported video with a separate file name and make sure to use the standard file name extension for the file format you selected (e.g. .mp4, .avi or .webm) and not one of Pencil2D’s file name extensions (.pcl or .pclx).