BUG: using CTRL+Pen tool >> Black canvas

Last nightly build (25Jul)
Win7, Ultimate, SP1

Pencil got a Black canvas after following the steps:

1. open pencil
  2. draw some lines using the PEN tool
  3. pressing keyboard CTRL and dragging the PEN tool… a black colour will cover the main drawing window

(no matter what colour I have selected on the colour panel, the canvas will be covered with a black colour)

Pencil behaves differently if you do not re-start it.
Some times on number 3, you will see a black colour blinking while dragging the tool, and the canvas will be ok

EDITED:
already mentioned

This happens on Linux as well, but only once. After that first time it seems to be okay until Pencil is restarted.

I’m thinking Ctrl+drag to feather probably doesn’t serve any purpose when the pen is selected.

Debian Sid x86_64 | Qt 4.8.5 | Latest (as of about 10 minutes ago) git source

@mikshaw,

Ctrl+drag is used in conjunction with the PEN and BRUSH tools. It is going to change the “value of Feather” of that tool.
The lines will appear smooth if applying a high value of the Feather. If Feather is like near zero, these lines will have hard edges :slight_smile:

i see…rather than “feather” when applied to the pen, it would be “smooth”. So maybe have to change the label when the pen is selected.

Oh…that may be a good thing/idea.

I think the label would be like smooth or even softness… but of course these are just an intuitive improvement…

@jose :slight_smile:

Thank you @Matt