MyPaint version pre-alpha preview

I see what you mean! This has to be part of the settings and should be implemented if libmypaint handles it.

:smiley:

Thanks you so much, bro

Thanks Frank!

There is still a lot to do and unfortunately, I had a busy 2016 year and didn’t get the time to work on it quite much. It doesn’t look like 2017 will be much better in that regard but I will do my best! :slight_smile:

Here is another image done with Pencil2DMypaint.

(I couldn’t resist to paint it. I found it so imaginative)

Orange

SERIOUSLY! I don’t know what’s going on, but there is NO “.exe” file in the archive. How are all of you getting this thing to work?

@rdsp Hey Red. Whatever you’re downloading from feeef’s link is a source code version for developers and advanced users to work on. It was being developed alongside regular Pencil2D to become integrated in the future and have a better set of drawing tools for bitmap layers. However the developer had to halt this and we don’t know when and who might be able to continue his work.

There is no “.exe”-cutable file precisely because it doesn’t exist yet, or rather the developer has to create it by compiling the source code with special development tools. Namely the QT framework, QT creator and other trinkets that come with it.

If you want to tinker with that I suggest you read our advanced tutorials. But I warn you you’ll have to do a lot of reading if you’re not acquainted with programming.

http://www.pencil2d.org/tutorials/advanced/

Here is another image created with Pencil2D

(mypaint version)

5 Likes

In case anyone is wondering, there’s currently a branch up to date with the current pencil version, it’s very WIP but bitmap drawing works. It’s based on feeef branch but there a lot of changes compared to his version. I have only been able to compile it on mac, but some tinkering should make it possible to cross compile.

2 Likes

@kaiko Great work Carlos! By the way did you use the old MyPaint branch, or did you compile the new one by CandyFace?

1 Like

Hi Jose
I am using the old version from @feeef . I didn’t know @MrStevns was working on it but unfortunately I was not able to build it on windows. I will wait to test the new changes

And thank you !
:slight_smile:

Well done @kaiko for the drawing, it looks beautiful!

I am happy to see there is some work on the mypaint integration as I haven’t made any update for a while now. Thank you for that.

1 Like

Oh, nice to see you around here @feeef !
Thank you for our comment.

Pencil2D has been improving a lot, I can notice that by the way the drawing tools lay down their strokes, and it is almost bug free for me, but the painting tool is its weakness feature.

I will be back again!

1 Like

Hi @MrStevns
Is there a way for me to build your mypaint-version-pencil2D in windows?

@kaiko Not currently, I rely on precompiled libmypaint binaries and I only have those for Mac OS atm.

I’m working no getting a setup for windows so that I can make it work but it might take some time. I will let you know when/if I get it working.

It might be possible to compile if you adventurous:

1. download the source code from my branch
  2. copy the 3rdlib folder and everything in it from feeef branch and replace the 3rdlib folder from my branch.
  3. Run qmake in qt creator
  4. Build.

It might work.

1 Like

Oh, I was so trilled with the idea of getting this working :smile:… but it didn’t . I followed your indication and there was so many errors displayed on the qtcreator…

Thank you anyway @MrStevns :grinning:

@kaiko Ah my bad… you should not have replaced everything in 3rdlib, try to only replace libmypaint folder and try again. I forgot that there are several things changed in /src so that definitely won’t work. Would you mind sending log of the compilation too?

1 Like

@MrStevns. Didn’t work Less errors but not able to build pencil2d
I do not know how to get a Log of the compilation. I will copy paste all teh information I got

Thanks for the help

COMPILE OUT:
16:00:44: Running steps for project pencil2d…
16:00:44: Starting: “C:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\bin\qmake.exe” E:\NOVOS\PENCIL\CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint\pencil-implement_mypaint\pencil2d.pro -spec win32-g++ “CONFIG+=debug” “CONFIG+=qml_debug”
Info: creating stash file E:\NOVOS\PENCIL\CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint\build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug.qmake.stash
16:00:45: The process “C:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\bin\qmake.exe” exited normally.
16:00:45: Starting: “C:\Qt\Tools\mingw530_32\bin\mingw32-make.exe” -f E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/Makefile qmake_all
cd 3rdlib\qtmypaint\ && C:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\bin\qmake.exe -o Makefile E:\NOVOS\PENCIL\CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\qtmypaint.pro -spec win32-g++ “CONFIG+=debug” “CONFIG+=qml_debug”
cd 3rdlib\qtmypaint\ && C:/Qt/Tools/mingw530_32/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile qmake_all
mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory ‘E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/3rdlib/qtmypaint’
cd json-c\ && C:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\bin\qmake.exe -o Makefile E:\NOVOS\PENCIL\CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\json-c.pro -spec win32-g++ “CONFIG+=debug” “CONFIG+=qml_debug”
testing win32
1 file(s) copied.
Project MESSAGE: config.h moved to correct folder
Project MESSAGE: config.h moved to correct folder
cd json-c\ && C:/Qt/Tools/mingw530_32/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile qmake_all
mingw32-make[2]: Entering directory ‘E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/3rdlib/qtmypaint/json-c’
mingw32-make[2]: Nothing to be done for ‘qmake_all’.
mingw32-make[2]: Leaving directory ‘E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/3rdlib/qtmypaint/json-c’
cd libmypaint\ && C:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\bin\qmake.exe -o Makefile E:\NOVOS\PENCIL\CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\libmypaint\libmypaint.pro -spec win32-g++ “CONFIG+=debug” “CONFIG+=qml_debug”
cd libmypaint\ && C:/Qt/Tools/mingw530_32/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile qmake_all
mingw32-make[2]: Entering directory ‘E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/3rdlib/qtmypaint/libmypaint’
mingw32-make[2]: Leaving directory ‘E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/3rdlib/qtmypaint/libmypaint’
cd src\ && C:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\bin\qmake.exe -o Makefile E:\NOVOS\PENCIL\CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\src\src.pro -spec win32-g++ “CONFIG+=debug” “CONFIG+=qml_debug”
cd src\ && C:/Qt/Tools/mingw530_32/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile qmake_all
mingw32-make[2]: Entering directory ‘E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/3rdlib/qtmypaint/src’
mingw32-make[2]: Leaving directory ‘E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/3rdlib/qtmypaint/src’
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory ‘E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/3rdlib/qtmypaint’
cd core_lib\ && C:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\bin\qmake.exe -o Makefile E:\NOVOS\PENCIL\CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint\pencil-implement_mypaint\core_lib\core_lib.pro -spec win32-g++ “CONFIG+=debug” “CONFIG+=qml_debug”
cd core_lib\ && C:/Qt/Tools/mingw530_32/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile qmake_all
mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory ‘E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/core_lib’
mingw32-make[1]: Nothing to be done for ‘qmake_all’.
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory ‘E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/core_lib’
cd app\ && C:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\bin\qmake.exe -o Makefile E:\NOVOS\PENCIL\CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint\pencil-implement_mypaint\app\app.pro -spec win32-g++ “CONFIG+=debug” “CONFIG+=qml_debug”
cd app\ && C:/Qt/Tools/mingw530_32/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile qmake_all
mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory ‘E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/app’
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory ‘E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/app’
cd tests\ && C:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\bin\qmake.exe -o Makefile E:\NOVOS\PENCIL\CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint\pencil-implement_mypaint\tests\tests.pro -spec win32-g++ “CONFIG+=debug” “CONFIG+=qml_debug”
cd tests\ && C:/Qt/Tools/mingw530_32/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile qmake_all
mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory ‘E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/tests’
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory ‘E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/tests’
16:00:58: The process “C:\Qt\Tools\mingw530_32\bin\mingw32-make.exe” exited normally.
16:00:58: Starting: “C:\Qt\Tools\mingw530_32\bin\mingw32-make.exe” -j8
cd 3rdlib\qtmypaint\ && ( if not exist Makefile C:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\bin\qmake.exe -o Makefile E:\NOVOS\PENCIL\CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\qtmypaint.pro -spec win32-g++ “CONFIG+=debug” “CONFIG+=qml_debug” ) && C:/Qt/Tools/mingw530_32/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile
mingw32-make[1]: Entering directory ‘E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/3rdlib/qtmypaint’
cd json-c\ && ( if not exist Makefile C:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\bin\qmake.exe -o Makefile E:\NOVOS\PENCIL\CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\json-c.pro -spec win32-g++ “CONFIG+=debug” “CONFIG+=qml_debug” ) && C:/Qt/Tools/mingw530_32/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile
mingw32-make[2]: Entering directory ‘E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/3rdlib/qtmypaint/json-c’
C:/Qt/Tools/mingw530_32/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile.Debug
mingw32-make[3]: Entering directory ‘E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/3rdlib/qtmypaint/json-c’
gcc -c -fno-keep-inline-dllexport -std=c99 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 -g -Wall -W -Wextra -DUNICODE -D_UNICODE -DWIN32 -DQT_QML_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c -I. -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtGui -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtANGLE -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtCore -Idebug -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\mkspecs\win32-g++ -o debug\arraylist.o …\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\arraylist.c
gcc -c -fno-keep-inline-dllexport -std=c99 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 -g -Wall -W -Wextra -DUNICODE -D_UNICODE -DWIN32 -DQT_QML_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c -I. -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtGui -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtANGLE -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtCore -Idebug -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\mkspecs\win32-g++ -o debug\debug.o …\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\debug.c
gcc -c -fno-keep-inline-dllexport -std=c99 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 -g -Wall -W -Wextra -DUNICODE -D_UNICODE -DWIN32 -DQT_QML_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c -I. -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtGui -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtANGLE -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtCore -Idebug -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\mkspecs\win32-g++ -o debug\json_c_version.o …\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\json_c_version.c
gcc -c -fno-keep-inline-dllexport -std=c99 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 -g -Wall -W -Wextra -DUNICODE -D_UNICODE -DWIN32 -DQT_QML_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c -I. -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtGui -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtANGLE -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtCore -Idebug -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\mkspecs\win32-g++ -o debug\json_object.o …\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\json_object.c
gcc -c -fno-keep-inline-dllexport -std=c99 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 -g -Wall -W -Wextra -DUNICODE -D_UNICODE -DWIN32 -DQT_QML_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c -I. -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtGui -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtANGLE -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtCore -Idebug -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\mkspecs\win32-g++ -o debug\json_object_iterator.o …\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\json_object_iterator.c
gcc -c -fno-keep-inline-dllexport -std=c99 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 -g -Wall -W -Wextra -DUNICODE -D_UNICODE -DWIN32 -DQT_QML_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c -I. -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtGui -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtANGLE -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtCore -Idebug -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\mkspecs\win32-g++ -o debug\json_tokener.o …\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\json_tokener.c
gcc -c -fno-keep-inline-dllexport -std=c99 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 -g -Wall -W -Wextra -DUNICODE -D_UNICODE -DWIN32 -DQT_QML_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c -I. -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtGui -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtANGLE -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtCore -Idebug -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\mkspecs\win32-g++ -o debug\json_util.o …\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\json_util.c
…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\json_object.c: In function ‘json_object_boolean_to_json_string’:
…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\json_object.c:450:31: warning: unused parameter ‘level’ [-Wunused-parameter]
int level,
^
…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\json_object.c:451:31: warning: unused parameter ‘flags’ [-Wunused-parameter]
int flags)
^
…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\json_object.c: In function ‘json_object_int_to_json_string’:
…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\json_object.c:492:27: warning: unused parameter ‘level’ [-Wunused-parameter]
int level,
^
…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\json_object.c:493:27: warning: unused parameter ‘flags’ [-Wunused-parameter]
int flags)
^
…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\json_object.c: In function ‘json_object_double_to_json_string’:
…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\json_object.c:583:30: warning: unused parameter ‘level’ [-Wunused-parameter]
int level,
^
…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\json_object.c: In function ‘json_object_userdata_to_json_string’:
…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\json_object.c:652:30: warning: unused parameter ‘level’ [-Wunused-parameter]
struct printbuf *pb, int level, int flags)
^
…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\json_object.c:652:41: warning: unused parameter ‘flags’ [-Wunused-parameter]
struct printbuf *pb, int level, int flags)
^
…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\json_object.c: In function ‘json_object_free_userdata’:
…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\json_object.c:659:52: warning: unused parameter ‘jso’ [-Wunused-parameter]
void json_object_free_userdata(struct json_object *jso, void userdata)
^
…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\json_object.c: In function ‘json_object_string_to_json_string’:
…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\json_object.c:718:30: warning: unused parameter ‘level’ [-Wunused-parameter]
int level,
^
…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\json_object.c:719:30: warning: unused parameter ‘flags’ [-Wunused-parameter]
int flags)
^
gcc -c -fno-keep-inline-dllexport -std=c99 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 -g -Wall -W -Wextra -DUNICODE -D_UNICODE -DWIN32 -DQT_QML_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c -I. -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtGui -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtANGLE -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtCore -Idebug -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\mkspecs\win32-g++ -o debug\libjson.o …\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\libjson.c
…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\json_object_iterator.c: In function ‘json_object_iter_end’:
…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\json_object_iterator.c:87:48: warning: unused parameter ‘obj’ [-Wunused-parameter]
json_object_iter_end(const struct json_object
obj)
^
gcc -c -fno-keep-inline-dllexport -std=c99 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 -g -Wall -W -Wextra -DUNICODE -D_UNICODE -DWIN32 -DQT_QML_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c -I. -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtGui -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtANGLE -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtCore -Idebug -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\mkspecs\win32-g++ -o debug\linkhash.o …\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\linkhash.c
gcc -c -fno-keep-inline-dllexport -std=c99 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 -g -Wall -W -Wextra -DUNICODE -D_UNICODE -DWIN32 -DQT_QML_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c -I. -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtGui -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtANGLE -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtCore -Idebug -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\mkspecs\win32-g++ -o debug\printbuf.o …\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\printbuf.c
gcc -c -fno-keep-inline-dllexport -std=c99 -D_XOPEN_SOURCE=600 -g -Wall -W -Wextra -DUNICODE -D_UNICODE -DWIN32 -DQT_QML_DEBUG -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c -I. -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtGui -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtANGLE -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\include\QtCore -Idebug -IC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\mkspecs\win32-g++ -o debug\random_seed.o …\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\random_seed.c
…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\printbuf.c: In function ‘sprintbuf’:
…\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\printbuf.c:170:16: warning: implicit declaration of function ‘vasprintf’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
if((size = vasprintf(&t, msg, ap)) < 0) { va_end(ap); return -1; }
^
del debug\libjson-c.a 2>NUL
ar -M < object_script.libjson-c.Debug
mingw32-make[3]: Leaving directory ‘E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/3rdlib/qtmypaint/json-c’
mingw32-make[2]: Leaving directory ‘E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/3rdlib/qtmypaint/json-c’
cd libmypaint\ && ( if not exist Makefile C:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\bin\qmake.exe -o Makefile E:\NOVOS\PENCIL\CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\libmypaint\libmypaint.pro -spec win32-g++ “CONFIG+=debug” “CONFIG+=qml_debug” ) && C:/Qt/Tools/mingw530_32/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile
mingw32-make[2]: Entering directory ‘E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/3rdlib/qtmypaint/libmypaint’
mingw32-make[3]: Entering directory ‘E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/3rdlib/qtmypaint/libmypaint’
g++ -shared -Wl,-subsystem,windows -mthreads -Wl,–out-implib,debug\libmypaint.a -o debug\mypaint.dll -L…\json-c -ljson-c -LC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\lib C:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\lib\libQt5Guid.a C:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\lib\libQt5Cored.a
C:/Qt/Tools/mingw530_32/bin/…/lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/5.3.0/…/…/…/…/i686-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -ljson-c
collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status
Makefile.Debug:73: recipe for target ‘debug\mypaint.dll’ failed
mingw32-make[3]: Leaving directory ‘E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/3rdlib/qtmypaint/libmypaint’
Makefile:36: recipe for target ‘debug’ failed
mingw32-make[2]: Leaving directory ‘E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/3rdlib/qtmypaint/libmypaint’
mingw32-make[3]: *** [debug\mypaint.dll] Error 1
mingw32-make[2]: *** [debug] Error 2
Makefile:85: recipe for target ‘sub-libmypaint-make_first-ordered’ failed
mingw32-make[1]: Leaving directory ‘E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/3rdlib/qtmypaint’
Makefile:43: recipe for target ‘sub-3rdlib-qtmypaint-make_first-ordered’ failed
mingw32-make[1]: *** [sub-libmypaint-make_first-ordered] Error 2
mingw32-make: *** [sub-3rdlib-qtmypaint-make_first-ordered] Error 2
16:01:00: The process “C:\Qt\Tools\mingw530_32\bin\mingw32-make.exe” exited with code 2.
Error while building/deploying project pencil2d (kit: Desktop Qt 5.9.7 MinGW 32bit)
When executing step “Make”
16:01:00: Elapsed time: 00:16.

ISSUES:

COMPILE OUTPUT:

GENERAL MESSAGES:

There is two Compile-Output information: I think they are the same, but in any case…

Well, lets all have a drink now!
:smile:

@kaiko Thanks for the log :slight_smile: I’ve made a decent amount of changes since then, could you try to get the latest changes and compile it without changing anything now.

It probably still won’t work, but I’m hoping to see a clearer image through your logs.

btw. when you build the project, make sure to right-click and select “run qmake” on pencil2d project, before pressing build.

1 Like

Here it is @MrStevns

02:34:30: Running steps for project pencil2d…

02:34:30: Configuration unchanged, skipping qmake step.

02:34:30: Starting: “C:\Qt\Tools\mingw530_32\bin\mingw32-make.exe” -j8

cd 3rdlib\qtmypaint\ && ( if not exist Makefile C:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\bin\qmake.exe -o Makefile E:\NOVOS\PENCIL\CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\qtmypaint.pro -spec win32-g++ “CONFIG+=debug” “CONFIG+=qml_debug” ) && C:/Qt/Tools/mingw530_32/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile

cd json-c\ && ( if not exist Makefile C:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\bin\qmake.exe -o Makefile E:\NOVOS\PENCIL\CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\json-c\json-c.pro -spec win32-g++ “CONFIG+=debug” “CONFIG+=qml_debug” ) && C:/Qt/Tools/mingw530_32/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile

mingw32-make[3]: Entering directory ‘E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/3rdlib/qtmypaint/json-c’

mingw32-make[3]: Nothing to be done for ‘first’.

mingw32-make[3]: Leaving directory ‘E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/3rdlib/qtmypaint/json-c’

cd libmypaint\ && ( if not exist Makefile C:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\bin\qmake.exe -o Makefile E:\NOVOS\PENCIL\CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint\pencil-implement_mypaint\3rdlib\qtmypaint\libmypaint\libmypaint.pro -spec win32-g++ “CONFIG+=debug” “CONFIG+=qml_debug” ) && C:/Qt/Tools/mingw530_32/bin/mingw32-make -f Makefile

mingw32-make[3]: Entering directory ‘E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/3rdlib/qtmypaint/libmypaint’

g++ -shared -Wl,-subsystem,windows -mthreads -Wl,–out-implib,debug\libmypaint.a -o debug\mypaint.dll -L…\json-c -ljson-c -LC:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\lib C:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\lib\libQt5Guid.a C:\Qt\5.9.7\mingw53_32\lib\libQt5Cored.a

C:/Qt/Tools/mingw530_32/bin/…/lib/gcc/i686-w64-mingw32/5.3.0/…/…/…/…/i686-w64-mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot find -ljson-c

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

Makefile.Debug:73: recipe for target ‘debug\mypaint.dll’ failed

mingw32-make[3]: Leaving directory ‘E:/NOVOS/PENCIL/CandyFace-pencil-implement_mypaint/build-pencil2d-Desktop_Qt_5_9_7_MinGW_32bit-Debug/3rdlib/qtmypaint/libmypaint’

Makefile:36: recipe for target ‘debug’ failed

Makefile:85: recipe for target ‘sub-libmypaint-make_first-ordered’ failed

mingw32-make[3]: *** [debug\mypaint.dll] Error 1

mingw32-make[2]: *** [debug] Error 2

mingw32-make[1]: *** [sub-libmypaint-make_first-ordered] Error 2

Makefile:43: recipe for target ‘sub-3rdlib-qtmypaint-make_first-ordered’ failed

mingw32-make: *** [sub-3rdlib-qtmypaint-make_first-ordered] Error 2

02:34:32: The process “C:\Qt\Tools\mingw530_32\bin\mingw32-make.exe” exited with code 2.

Error while building/deploying project pencil2d (kit: Desktop Qt 5.9.7 MinGW 32bit)

When executing step “Make”

02:34:32: Elapsed time: 00:02.

I made what you have suggested above but without succeed.