Am I saving wrong?

I’m new to this program, and I mainly only animate small things on pictures I draw. When I go to save it will save in separate frames. My main goal is to upload a gif to Deviantart. Are there any programs you recommend to help with this? (I’m pretty sure this is me being a dork, apologies ~,~")

@kenzelli Hi! Welcome to the Pencil2D forums. Sorry to hear you’re having issues with your animation export! Usually this is one of the main problems everyone has when they are new to the program.

Basically since Pencil2D is transitioning from being “abandonware” a lot of features are broken. There’s but a small group of volunteers helping out so this is why developments seems a bit slow. However we have setup some guides to ease everyone into exporting both videos and GIF’s as easily as possible with free third party software.

You can read more on how to make GIF’s easily with Pencil2D and the “GIF Animation App” here:

www.pencil2d.org/tutorials/#gifmake

And you can watch the tutorial we setup here:

Hope this helps!

Thank you! I can not wait to see what new features come out! Other than having trouble figuring out how to save and upload, this program has been awesome! I really enjoy it. Have a great day!