A short game for you to play (8 second animations)

Alright, so I’m guessing this isn’t a bug, and this is just for everyone. Pencil2D will only export about 8 seconds of animation.

So I challenge you, anyone who is reading this, to make the best 7 or 8 second animation you can, and post it here. I’ll start on mine tonight! I hope someone reads this, and I wish you good luck. :3

you mean instead of doing important homework that I have 10 tons of? HECK YEAH

@fuzbrain @artificial Great initiative! I’ll also ask you guys to read this guide to prevent Pencil from killing your lovely project, remember it’s still unstable and I don’t want you losing precious artwork, I really want to see what you come up with!:

www.pencil2d.org/pencil2d/faq/#corruptfiles

Good luck! (and don’t forget to do homework, lol)

Well I don’t really know what to say, but that happened. Don’t worry though, I didn’t lose a lot of progress, but I will be checking out that link now.

@artificial Sorry to hear that Amy! :frowning: our developer friends and volunteers are working whenever they can to fix stuff. There’s a lot to do before Pencil becomes stable, but we’re on it that’s for sure!

Pencil2D can be frustrating some time due to crashes, however it’s important to try to save constantly AND create backup files. I work professionally doing cut-out animation and compositing with After effects (a commercial software) and you wouldn’t believe the amount of crashes that program has had on me for the simplest things. So the guide is a distillation from that experience, even more than what can happen with Pencil2D.

Take care and breathe deep! :slight_smile:

Thanks so much!I appreciate all the work that goes into fixing pencil2D. I’ve also messed around with after effects before, though I don’t think I had any problems, except for maybe a minor issue when exporting my project.But sorry that happens to you :frowning: honestly I’m not a professional anything…yet :D, so I’m not sure of a lot of things but thank you for for the help, it’s good advice :slight_smile:

Alright, a note in case that anyone else wants to join. Animating at 24fps will make the video 4 seconds, so just do 12 frames.

@artificial Your words inspired me. I may have gotten a little carried away though. This has already taken me a big chunk of time and I’m not sure how much more I’m willing to devote to this, so I’m just posting what I have. Maybe I’ll finish this in the future, but no promises.

Homework Finished

Thanks @fuzbrain for giving me an excuse to animate again after years of my life

Don’t forget to leave a critique. It helps more than just me.

@gregorysonofcarl Haha lmao man, you know this is how I actually was yesterday since After Effecs crashed on me when I was saving a very annoying animation that involved lots of paths and masks. Great work!

@fuzbrain @artificial @gregorysonofcarl It’s late (2:30 am) and I got lazy. But it’s the first time I can do anything in Pencil2D. I think I’m starting to believe. Haha. Take care and have a great week!

You guys these are so great!!! I feel bad because I haven’t posted anything yet. I’ve been quite busy though. Since Saturday I haven’t really had the time to sit down and do anything. And today I gave blood for the first time, the after effects (haha pun) were not pretty, so I’m not sure if I can do anything today either, but I will try my best to start once I have the extra time (
(;_:wink:

It’s all good, I still haven’t finished mine and I’m the one who started the game. lol

Thanks everybody! And don’t worry too much about getting it done quickly. I think we all understand how much time and effort animation takes.

@Jose Moreno I like the character’s design. I imagine that he’s trying to play it off cool like that was supposed to happen.

[youtube https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBDdlw7zxoU&w=560&h=315]

I’m sorry it’s so rough.

Hooray! You did it! And you managed to tell a beautiful emotional story in only 8 seconds. I like it alot!

The spin looks good, but i feel like the 3 steps at the beginning could use more ease-in and ease-out on the characters’ spacing between frames to avoid the movements looking so digital. They’re changing direction to the beat quite swiftly, so there needs to be more of a sense of them pushing their weight around. I don’t know if this was intentional, but I got the sense that I was watching the child gain mastery over the course of the video starting with clumsy feet and finishing with a graceful spin.

Thanks again for posting

P.S. I’m reposting my animation because apparently the image hosting site I used is collapsing financially and I guess that means my gif doesn’t show up any more.

@fuzbrain Wow that vid is great! congrats, now I feel bad that I did a silly head hahah.

p.s. BTW you can now export more than 8 seconds with the newest Nightly Build lol. But let’s keep the game going since it’s actually a great exercise!

Woo! Lets make more!

Should i give a try to maintain the practice.

http://imgur.com/a/BS7jDtain the practice.

little hard work

little hard work