I just heard of this program and it’s looking very promising. However, I noticed a few simple but annoying problems with it. Maybe people are well aware of all of them, but I can’t find any kind of common requests or to-do lists or anything. (there should be a to-do list :P)
I know the forum says to make one thread per thing, but I don’t want to completely spam up the forum with small things.
- Zooming. I have no idea what zoom level I am at. That is very bad for raster animation.
- Whenever I duplicate a keyframe, my tool switches over to the move tool. It's really annoying. It used to happen when adding a new empty keyframe too, but it stopped somehow. (I think when I switched over to the dev build)
- No kind of cut/move tools. There doesn't seem to be any way to cut and/or move things, I think that's a very important tool to have when working on animation.
- No way to move or resize imported pics? When I import an image, it seems to automatically get slapped to the middle and that's it. I don't mind if it gets rasterized, but there should be some way to adjust it's position/size in the beginning.
- Brush tool smoothness. It seems to act like a "hard round" brush, the most basic digital brush at between 2 and 3 feather. (better and smoother than pencil tool) This isn't a problem per se, but it is very unintuitive to seek that position whenever I want a normal hard edge line. Same with the eraser tool.
- No pixel brush. This is probably off topic of the whole purpose of the program, but I think it would be nice to have a pixel brush just for that niche. A tool that draws 100% sharp pure colored pixels, kind of like what the brush tool might be at 0 feather.
- Export window allows you to change the size, but it doesn't keep the aspect ratio. It's very difficult to scale the animation without distorting it.
- The pink outline cuts through the screen when I go to the bottom left corner.
- The camera layer is somewhat confusing, because you can't tell what the current/default zoom level is, or where the x/y origin is. Also, you can't see where the screen is while drawing. Additionally I have no idea what it actually does, because the export doesn't use it. I'm assuming it's a work in progress so I'm not going to suggest anything.
My main problem right now is the camera, it is very confusing to work with. I need an outline to know where to position things, an outline that is independent of the screen and stays exactly where I originally set it. The pink outline sort of works I guess, but you can’t adjust it’s size without changing the entire application window which is kind of silly. Also the export doesn’t actually use it unless you reset your view to it.
I’m really hoping to see this project become more polished and everything. I’ve been looking for an animating program to start doing simple animations with, and this might be it.
Too bad I only know web development so I can’t really help much with this. I guess I can contribute by making animations and reporting bugs though haha.