pencil2d and archlinux (problem )

Hello, I have downloaded the last reelease from git repository

after qtmake-qt4

i do

make

but It give me this error:

<span class=“st”>No rule to make target `<wbr />compiler_updateqm_make_all needed by Pencil
</span>

Same thing happened to me since the last commit (or maybe the one previous to that). I wasn’t sure if it was because of a new bug, or if i broke the source when i tried to build with Qt5, so i was just going to wait until the next commit before doing anything about it.

Anyway, my point is that it isn’t just you…something very recently went weird with the source. Hopefully it will be straightened out soon.

same problem if I try to do qmake-qt5

Same problem here, on Linux Mint 16.

Looks like a bug.

another problem…

with qmake-qt5 it give me this output:

src/interface/scribblearea.cpp: In member function 'void ScribbleArea::keyPressed(QKeyEvent*)': src/interface/scribblearea.cpp:340:14: warning: unused variable 'toolType' [-Wunused-variable] ToolType toolType = currentTool()->type(); ^ In file included from src/interface/timeline.cpp:29:0: src/interface/timelinecells.h:14:1: warning: scoped enums only available with -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 [enabled by default] enum class TIMELINE_CELL_TYPE ^ src/interface/timeline.cpp: In constructor 'TimeLine::TimeLine(QWidget*, Editor*)': src/interface/timeline.cpp:36:44: error: 'TIMELINE_CELL_TYPE' is not a class or namespace list = new TimeLineCells(this, editor, TIMELINE_CELL_TYPE::Layers ); ^ src/interface/timeline.cpp:37:45: error: 'TIMELINE_CELL_TYPE' is not a class or namespace cells = new TimeLineCells(this, editor, TIMELINE_CELL_TYPE::Tracks ); ^ g++ -c -pipe -g -D_REENTRANT -Wall -W -fPIE -DQUAZIP_STATIC -DQT_SVG_LIB -DQT_MULTIMEDIA_LIB -DQT_XMLPATTERNS_LIB -DQT_WIDGETS_LIB -DQT_NETWORK_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -I/usr/lib/qt/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I. -Isrc -Isrc/external/flash -Isrc/graphics -Isrc/graphics/bitmap -Isrc/graphics/vector -Isrc/interface -Isrc/structure -Isrc/tool -Isrc/util -I/home/pietro/build/pencil/src/ui -Isrc/managers -I. -Iliblinux -Isrc/external/linux -I/usr/local/zlib/include -Isrc/external -Isrc/external/quazip -I/usr/include/qt -I/usr/include/qt/QtSvg -I/usr/include/qt/QtMultimedia -I/usr/include/qt/QtXmlPatterns -I/usr/include/qt/QtWidgets -I/usr/include/qt/QtNetwork -I/usr/include/qt/QtXml -I/usr/include/qt/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt/QtCore -I.moc -I. -o .obj/spinslider.o src/interface/spinslider.cpp Makefile:13273: recipe for target '.obj/timeline.o' failed make: *** [.obj/timeline.o] Error 1 make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
with qtmake-qt4

g++ -c -pipe -g -D_REENTRANT -Wall -W -DQUAZIP_STATIC -DQT_MULTIMEDIA_LIB -DQT_SVG_LIB -DQT_XMLPATTERNS_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtXml -I/usr/include/qt4/QtXmlPatterns -I/usr/include/qt4/QtSvg -I/usr/include/qt4/QtMultimedia -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -Isrc -Isrc/external/flash -Isrc/graphics -Isrc/graphics/bitmap -Isrc/graphics/vector -Isrc/interface -Isrc/structure -Isrc/tool -Isrc/util -I/home/pietro/build/pencil/src/ui -Isrc/managers -I. -Iliblinux -Isrc/external/linux -I/usr/local/zlib/include -Isrc/external -Isrc/external/quazip -I.moc -I. -o .obj/layerimage.o src/structure/layerimage.cpp g++ -c -pipe -g -D_REENTRANT -Wall -W -DQUAZIP_STATIC -DQT_MULTIMEDIA_LIB -DQT_SVG_LIB -DQT_XMLPATTERNS_LIB -DQT_XML_LIB -DQT_GUI_LIB -DQT_CORE_LIB -DQT_SHARED -I/usr/share/qt4/mkspecs/linux-g++ -I. -I/usr/include/qt4/QtCore -I/usr/include/qt4/QtGui -I/usr/include/qt4/QtXml -I/usr/include/qt4/QtXmlPatterns -I/usr/include/qt4/QtSvg -I/usr/include/qt4/QtMultimedia -I/usr/include/qt4 -I. -Isrc -Isrc/external/flash -Isrc/graphics -Isrc/graphics/bitmap -Isrc/graphics/vector -Isrc/interface -Isrc/structure -Isrc/tool -Isrc/util -I/home/pietro/build/pencil/src/ui -Isrc/managers -I. -Iliblinux -Isrc/external/linux -I/usr/local/zlib/include -Isrc/external -Isrc/external/quazip -I.moc -I. -o .obj/layersound.o src/structure/layersound.cpp src/structure/layersound.cpp:17:24: fatal error: QMediaPlayer: No such file or directory #include <QMediaPlayer> ^ compilation terminated. Makefile:897: recipe for target '.obj/layersound.o' failed make: *** [.obj/layersound.o] Error 1 make: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs.... src/structure/layercamera.cpp: In member function 'virtual bool LayerCamera::addImageAtFrame(int)': src/structure/layercamera.cpp:212:13: warning: variable 'frameNumber1' set but not used [-Wunused-but-set-variable] int frameNumber1 = frameNumber; ^ In file included from src/structure/layerimage.cpp:22:0: src/interface/timelinecells.h:14:1: warning: scoped enums only available with -std=c++11 or -std=gnu++11 [enabled by default] enum class TIMELINE_CELL_TYPE
I have installed all qt4 package...

ok! I have built it!

BUt… I have downloaded the code from

https://bitbucket.org/chchwy/pencil2d

and after qtmake-qt4 (qtmake-qt5 it give me problem with phonon) and finally…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HZ8PO7pXFdU&feature=youtu.be

@alexwbc … i downloaded that version but…

Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: phonon

(I have installed all package relative to phonon…)

Hi people!

I am not sure of the following statement, but I think this issue error when trying to Build Pencil2D with qmake may have something to do with what @chchwy wrote here (follow the link):

post #5763
http://www.pencil2d.org/forums/topic/wiki-how-to-build-pencil-step-by-step/page/2/

yep… However now I have a working pencil2d version!
I’m enjoying with it!

(If you need some italian translator, please ask me!)

I am the maintainer of the ArchLinux pencil2d-git AUR package.

I did fix the build : compiling against Qt5

You should take a look at the patch : https://aur.archlinux.org/packages/pe/pencil2d-git/pencil2d-git.tar.gz

Hello @pietronto and @benjamin_robin

Thank you both for commenting, and helping.

@benjamin_robin. I am not a Linux-user but I am happy for those able to build Pencil2D and help the developers reporting bugs and improvements.