IMAGEs and ANIMATIONs created with MyPaint version of Pencil2D

Lovley paintings, Kaiko , keep them coming. :+1:

2 Likes

Thank you @manu … I will do it. In fact I have been updating my digital equipment with the idea to finally start doing something more often

:smile:

1 Like

That’s good to hear Kaiko. What did you buy, a new tablet or pen display ?

1 Like

Could you do a tutorial on YouTube on how you did it… Great painting

1 Like

Let’s see if he/she does.

1 Like

Sorry for the late reply @manu. I started working on my daily job and everything was a mess and needed lot of time to get my head back to normal LOL

Well, I updated many things on my digital arsenal. I was interested in playing with a new painting program called Realistic Painting, but my computer wasn’t able to handle it, it lagged sooooo much with just a simple stroke that I thought my computer needed more memory. And I bought it but I realized later on that the lagging issue was due to the fact that the program was using the integrated graphic (a waste of money here, considering that my computer is now displaying too many blue screens and closing suddenly)

I bought two 32" monitors (Acer and Gigabyte). Acer is just superb since it has several default screen settings and one of them is the Graphic mode, which is very good (white shows as white and black as black) also a DarkRoom mode (very useful at night time). The Gigabyte is not so good and I use it to search internet and to watch videos. [bought one metallic arm for supporting both monitors] My room now resembles an FBI office

I bought a graphic tablet XP-PEN since my old one doesn’t support win10 drivers. I bought it specially for working with the ACER monitor for animating, but haven’t tested it yet.

I also bought 4 fantastic art books. The Silver method is my favourite so far for learning character design. The others are for inspiring my soul with beautiful illustrations (the art of Up, the art of Ratatoille, and Character Design Quarterly)

Now I have all I need for that push challenge

EDITED: I also built a camera gear for recording my work while painting on traditional canvas. And for my digital work I just need a screen recorder (OBS studio screencapture)

Hi @muhammedsinank

Very happy that you liked my painting. I am actually planning to show my process on Youtube. But I am very new to video editing and recording, so not sure when I will be able to do that. And thank you for your interest. I mean you are the very first person to ask me that so I am very happy for that.

EDITED: since all my paintings here were already done there were no recording process of it. This is easy to understand. I will paint it again and new colours and forms will be shown at the end

1 Like

@Bignoob

I will do it! thank you. But as I mentioned above, not sure when I will be ready for it

Best wishes…that was great art by the way…you just need obs studio and a mic…and a free video editor like shortcut

1 Like

I am planning to learn a little bit of blender3D and its video editor. It will feet me in the future for more things to do inside blender. Anyway, thank you

1 Like

Your art is excellent! keep up the good work :grinning:

1 Like

Thank you @Animator123 :+1:

I will do my best to keep this beautiful art flourishing

Is there any planned date where the MyPaint version will be available to download publically with a simple click instead of navigating so much? When will it be added to download on the main Pencil2D website?

1 Like

I second that- when is the next update?

1 Like

@Jordan_River_Studios @JoeyH Hi guys. This isn’t the MyPaint thread, this is a personal thread for Kaiko where he uploads his works with that branch.

The mypaint thread where you can check the experimental downloads is here (jump to the last post)

MyPaint Library will be the new brush engine that will be available in Pencil2D. It will probably land in version 0.7 since there’s still a lot to fix AFAIK.

Just so you understand, MyPaint brushes is an upcoming feature but it’s such a massive update that we had to separate the MyPaint capabilities from the regular development versions (a.k.a Nightly Builds) however this one is also a development version.

That said there won’t be different versions or flavors of Pencil2D. Only one version will exist having MyPaint brushes distributed in the regular tools (Pencil, Pen, Brush, Eraser, etc) and hopefully in a few months we will see this merged with the regular nightly builds.

For more Q’s please go to the thread I Linked. Thanks again for all your interest and continued participation in the forum :smiling_face:

1 Like

Really cool paintings @Kaiko.

2 Likes

Amazing! That is so realistic! You could be the next vincent van goh!

1 Like

… Except less insane …

1 Like

wait he went insane???

image oh…

2 Likes