bug in timeline

Hy.
If you move all key frames from first frame and want to leave first frame empty pencil2D crasches.

(1, 2) 
(1, 15) 
(2, 15) 
ASSERT failure in QList<T>::at: "index out of range", file /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qlist.h, line 469
Abandon (core dumped)

On archlinux 64bit.

Hi @martin_luke.

Which OS are you using? I have tested the issue you have reported and it is working OK here (Win7 64bits SP1)
I just created several frames with random brush strokes, then I went to the first frame and clicked it twice in order to select all the frames, then I moved all the package several frames ahead by dragging the first frame, and continue to work normally

Yeah sorry i just realised it happens on camera layer. In your case isn’t there still a keyframe for the camera?
I did that to move all the keyframes and it worked fine but then went on camera layer and move the first camera keyframe and bye bye!

I’m on Archlinux Linux 3.12

(1, 2) 
(1, 2, 3) 
(1, 2, 3, 4) 
(1, 2, 3, 4, 4) 
(1, 3, 4, 4, 5) 
(1, 4, 4, 5, 6) 
(1, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7) 
fn: setCurrentTool  call: setCursor() current tool "Pencil" 
fn: setCurrentTool  call: setCursor() current tool "Pencil" 
Setting - Preserve Alpha= 0 
(3, 4, 4, 5, 6, 7) 
ASSERT failure in QList<T>::at: "index out of range", file /usr/include/qt4/QtCore/qlist.h, line 469
Abandon (core dumped)

Yes, there is a keyframe on the camera-layer here.
I tried several times to reproduce the bug you mentioned, but it only happened three times, so it was not a constant issue.
Sometimes Pencil crashed when I wanted to close the application right after moving the frame on the camera-layer. Another crash happened after moving fast my pen-tablet across the main canvas right after moving the camera-layer from its standard position. It also happened when I tried to delete one of the two frames created on the camera-layer.

I will try to make a step-by-step for calling this bug.

Thanks for reporting it, @martin_luke.

I’m working on timeline and layers recently, I’ll take care about this bug.

@chchwy
OK! Cool!

I wanted to work on time-line myself. More precisely on the loop function. I would like to make it able to stop and start at custom frame number. I think for good animating wee really need to be able to concentrate on details and have the possibility to have small loops the would act a bit like “flipping” for little parts of animation (just a arm unfolding or a leg touching floor.)

I agree with Luke for the loop function !