Well, I just lost my file

the pcl file was corrupted after I startled the outlet of my computer. The moment I checked it back, it was corrupted. anyone knows a solution or this is my loss because of my clumsiness?

p.s. The animation was all about Enid from OK KO vs Sanji from One Piece.

@chass Hey man, sorry to hear about it :(.

This problem is outlined in the FAQ as well as some “crash-wipe” prevention methods and other healthy habits used in real animation productions.

www.pencil2d.org/pencil2d/faq/#corruptfiles
www.pencil2d.org/pencil2d/faq/#pencilprob

The thing is, if you were using PCL files, there’s little we can do to recover, although you can try the following:

1. Please try to do the following (There is no guarantee this will work, but a few people have managed to get their files back using this method!)

WINDOWS:
a) In the Start Menu, go to System, or open a folder
b) In the Folder Address Bar enter: %temp% to go to the temporary files folder
c) Look for a Pencil2D folder. Enter the Folder. Organize the files by “last modified”
d) Look for a folder with the name of your saved file and Y2XD extension. e.g MyFile.Y2xD
d-2) If you hadn’t saved, look for a folder called “Default.Y2XD”
e) enter the data folder and verify if there is any image inside.
f) make a copy of this folder on your desktop or a preferred folder to at least save some of your images.

MACOSX

a) In the Finder Menu, under GO choose “Go to Folder” you can also use the shortcut: Shift + CMD + G.
b) In the Go To Folder dialog box enter: ~/Library/Caches.
c) Look for a Pencil2D folder. Enter the Folder. Organize the files by “last modified”
d) Look for a folder with the name of your saved file.
d2) If you hadn’t saved, look for a folder called “Default”
e) make a copy of this folder on your desktop or a preferred folder.

Note: Most of the time images will be lost, but this will allow you to get some of them back, though bear in mind that they will not be aligned, since Pencil2D grabs the “RAW” image and then positions it with coordinates found in the PCLX file. It’s like an address book to find it’s way to put the stuff in a correct order. So if the file becomes damaged then it won’t be able to accurately find it’s place so you’d have to reposition it again.

1. If you had already saved your file but it’s not opening for whatever reason I did this video to learn how to open PCLX files only. This works in any platform but I have windows, so you’d have to use a software called pea zip for mac

Thanks man, I guess it was a loss. I’ll just gonna make another Enid Vs Sanji.

@chass Sorry to hear that man. From here on, don’t forget to save multiple copies every now and then. It helps for sure in case stuff like this happens.