[SOLVED] Creepy spam?

Did anyone else get a kinda creepy message asking for your email, and offering pics, from a new user who sounds a lot like a spam bot?

I’m not even pissed that they decided to come here, I’m more pissed that they were so un-creative. It sounds like something from facebook or a hookup site, not something for a animation program page.

Yup, I am also seeing this. Probably a bot.

Totally just got this email…

@fuzbrain @scribblemaniac @pawn Hey, I’ve got it too. I’ll let @gordie that we’re having trouble with the spammers again. However just to be clear, under NO circumstance give your personal details to anyone in this forum, not via public nor private messaging. None of the mods with ever ask you for your personal details. So don’t answer anything via email either. Only if the person explicitly asks for support we setup some channels so you can use your email, but we won’t have access to it unless you want to, and that way is by you sending us an email.

Take care and don’t worry there is someone that loves us all, but I assure you it’s not in this forum spamming creepy messages.

@gordie This is the offending spammer account, although I can’t report it nor ban, so I’ll leave that to you:

http://www.pencil2d.org/members/samara444/

@gordie This is the offending spammer account, although I can’t report it nor ban, so I’ll leave that to you:

http://www.pencil2d.org/members/samara444/

@Jose : you can’t report spam ?
That’s weird as you are Moderator.
When you go to settings > capabilities on a profile page, you should be able to check “This user is a spammer”. No ?

@gordie Sorry I never saw this message. No I still can’t report or do anything of the sort to these spammers. We’ve had a flood of them lately, inundating profile updates with their messages.

Today I got concerned because I just read that a younger person did give their email to a spammer (I posted a separate thread and tagged you there) and I’ve already sent her a private message to hopefully warn her to avoid emailing the spammer. But it’s all I can do now and its because of things like this that it pisses me off not to be able to ban these spammers immediately. Sigh :frowning:

If you can only allow me to at least mute their ability to write updates that’d be enough, but for now I’ll keep moderating through replies and pushing stickies.

p.s. hope things are going well