Pencil2D Nightly builds 2014

Nightly builds are the bleeding edge versions of Pencil2D, which contains the most recent fixes and features.

Windows: Download here => http://goo.gl/Fx3qE9
Mac OS X: coming soon…
Linux: coming soon…

June 10

This is a highly experimental build, I believe there are still many bugs, but I decided to release it as the first build of this year.

In the past months, I spent most of my time to reconstruction the base of Pencil2D. Pencil2D is a simple program with great potential, but if you take a close look at the code, it contains inappropriate complicated design that will be an obstacle for further extension.

I started to cut out many unnecessary part, and tried to rebuild a simple, flexible core of Pencil2D. Program function does not changed a lot, but the code did change a lot.

I believe this will help Pencil2D to go further, like to build a house on a rock, a clean and simple core would help developers to implement new features faster… and with less pain :stuck_out_tongue:

The following weeks I will focus on solving bugs, include sound layers, movie export, and make the program more stable.

Thanks all you guys for your support.

yeah, this one doesn’t work it gives me a MSVCR120.dll error.

Me too.

I had it too and after installing this http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784 the app launched, but there is a problem with drawing tools.

Hi, all

I’ve re-upload the file, please check.

Amazing improvements!!!

I’m really happy about how pencil is going on, it’s responding correctly to relative mouse mode coordinates, it’s a very very good news.

I mean, Pencil is right now the unique open source application responding to my tablet in relative mode. By the way, it’s responding to the rubber and other important features of wacom pro.

The events are responding better than ever, in windows 7, what you have done is great @chchwy, many thanks to the team as well.

Well, after deep changes like these, it would be strange running the software without issues, but I only found “minor issues” like brush, sorry for not testing it thoroughly but I have no more spare time left.

Wish I could help but I’m still busy.

Bye

In the past months, I spent most of my time to reconstruction the base of Pencil2D.

A big thank you for doing the work of the code more transparent! May God Bless you

This is a highly experimental build, I believe there are still many bugs,

My observations about the bugs / inconsistencies:

• I can not stop playing the animation. -I can not select the frame -softBrush does purple rim when it is turned on coloring frames earlier. -hand-tool does not work on CameraLayer

Checking in here again after being busy doing other things for a while, This sounds like a huge milestone for Pencil2D’. I’ll give it a go again soon to check it out. Many thanks to the ones involved.

Thanks @chchwy !
Great to have some news from you.
Maybe we should write a blog post (and eventually a newsletter) about this ?

yay you have fixed alot of things i wanted all we need now is the audio