Pencil2D: Keyboard Shortcuts

[UPDATED: 20Dec2015]
Shortcuts in Pencil2D
[LMB stands for Left Mouse Button. RMB stands for Right Mouse Button]

NEW ADDITIONS:

Timeline features:
-To select/deselect a single frame (LMB)
-To select a range of frames (Shift + LMB). It needs to be improved (buggy)
-To select/deselect individual frames (Ctrl +LMB)
-To select a frame and all the frames after it (Alt + LMB)
-To box select (Alt +LMB)”
-To move a single frame (LMB Selected + Drag)
-To move a frame and all the frames at its right (Alt + LMB +Drag)
-Implementation of relative/absolute Onion Skin functionality (allowing matching frames or keyframes)
(Apparently the feature “To box select (Alt +LMB)” is similar to the “To select a range of frames (Shift + LMB)”

Features already presented and some improvements:

– Fast HandTool (keep pressing SpaceBar). Shortcut (H) works as a fix Hand (Improved)

– Dynamic Control Size (Shift + Drag Left/Right)

– Fast Eyedropper (Alt). Shortcut (I) works as a fix Eyedropper

– Rotate whiting a selection (CTRL + Drag Left/Right): Left rotate anticlockwise, right rotate clockwise. The Movetool(Q) should be selected before applying this hotkey (Improved)

– Smudge Hard (A). For creating colouring effects similar to oil painting. Bitmap only
– Smudge Smooth (keep pressing Alt). The Smudge-tool (A) should be selected before applying this hotkey

– Added Alpha Channel to colour palette

User Interface:
– New graphic Colour Wheel
– Grid Panel Display (G)
– Coloured Onion-Skin capability (blue, red). Basically can be used for making a differentiation between “previous frames” and “next frames” (Improved)

“Hidden” features:
(shortcuts not presented on the standard Shortcut´ List)
– Dynamic Zoom In/Out (Ctrl+ Spacebar + Drag Up/Down) (Improved)

The standard Shortcut list can be found in: Edit -> Preferences -> Shortcuts.

Note from previous updates:
The following shortcuts are not working at the moment or are buggy.
-Fast Eraser (Ctrl + Shift)
-Dynamic Accurate Control Size (Shift +Alt + Drag Left/Right). It allows controlling decimal values
-Fast Eraser (Ctrl + Shift)
-Pop-up Colour Palette ©
-Rotate Layers’ content (Alt + RMB + Drag)

@kaiko Done, please review if I missed anything. Although would you like me to split a new topic from your previous answer so you can edit it in the future without problem? Let me know :slight_smile:

@morr,
Good idea!
(there will be more new information the following month, so you may apply your own suggestion :slight_smile:

I have updated Pencil2D Google+’ page.
I upload all the new videos and still images from here, but there were some of the videos that I was not able to upload (built-in browser)
Any suggestion to do that?

Congratulations everybody. Pencil2d is now running into the right direction!

@kaiko Ok done, this thread will be the new sticky for Pencil2D keyboard shortcuts.

@morr
I once sticky the shorcuts guide to be shown in all main pages of the forum (as you have done already) but @admin removed it and sticky to only one place :slight_smile:

By the way, I am not able to find out which one of those sticky post I will be able to edit, since I tried already and was not succeeded

Thanks

@kaiko I don’t quite understand the first part about the sticky, but this is the new thread you can edit and it’s already stickied. I closed the old one to avoid confusion and left a link to this thread. Let me know if you can’t edit this one, because you should be able to do it.

Remember that to edit your own first post you have to use this link http://www.pencil2d.org/forums/topic/pencil2d-keyboard-shortcuts/edit/

Ohh… that’s my bad. I didn’t follow the link you provided!

Now everything is working just fine :slight_smile:
I edited it a bit to see if everything work OK

Thank you!

Resume: update from Pencil2D Google+'s page

Pencil2D page has
. 242 followers
. 89.427 visualizations
. 81 short animation videos
. 15 still images done with Pencil2D
. One (1) new follower (this month) meaning a decrease of 75% of new users)
. 1.550 new visualizations (last 30 days) meaning an increase of 26% compared to the last month
. Added two (2) new Collections: VIDEOS and PICTURES, in which I uploaded all its present content

[Google+ layout/theme has been updated lately.
So far I am having difficulties in adding videos and images from the same user in order to be editable for adding more items on the future. For that reason I added the two Collections (video/pictures) thinking that it will help me to manage each user from there as a single file, but I was wrong.
All I can see is that all the videos that I have uploaded today (about 81) there are all mixed with each other despite I have had the precaution of uploading videos of the same user in a single post…

Oh, I think I will just need a bit of a rest right now, I guess ;)]

Any tips or help related to what I have written here will be very appreciated.

Good animations to everyone

I am now a follower on google+! :wink:

@feeef
Good!

EDITED:
By the way, about the Insights of the last 30 days in Pencil2D, the numbers given above just increased a lot, of course that was supposed to be obvious

Visualizations were: 28400 (1000% increment)
New Followers: 8 (300% increment)
[I am not sure what a “New Follower” really means since I got confused by that since we have the same 241 followers of the last month]

A great number of those visualizations where oriented to the Video animation section

@morr

Is there a way for me to edit my first comment here in this thread?
I would like to update the current shortcuts to the latest improvements on Pencil2D

Thanks
:wink:

@kaiko Hey, you should be able to see an “edit” hyperlink above your post. If you can’t try to follow this link:

www.pencil2d.org/forums/topic/pencil2d-keyboard-shortcuts/edit/

If that doesn’t work sent me a private message with the exact text and i’ll replace it :slight_smile:

@morr

None of the solutions worked.

I will take some time to prepare the new list. So, after that I will be back to you and will sent you the new shortcuts’s list
:slight_smile: