Pencil 2D FAQ (now open)

(Jesus Ruiz) #81

Hola. Eso no debería de suceder. Has una animación mas corta y exportala a ver que pasa. Si se cuelga, como tu dices. No es problma del programa. Mas bien creo es de la pc. El microprocesador requiere de mucha memoria y recursos para hacer ese tipo de operaciones. Avisa que sucedio. Porque a mi me paso lo mismo. Pero era por un error de software muy dificil de resolver. Suerte. A cuanta memoria tienes en tu pc. Es muy importante tener 1700MB. Que es lo minimo.

Hello, I’m not sure if this is the right place to post my question ;owo
Annnyyyywaaays, I was wondering if there are any websites/software that supports the current Pencil file type? I’m doing a part of an animation collaboration on a different website, and I’m trying find a way to make it into a gif file so I can upload it to the editor. (The website is Scratch if it’s important.)

(Jose Moreno) #83

@DamselinDistress Hello. Well the Pencil2D project file (the one you open with the editor) can only be edited with Pencil2D, however if you change it’s extension to .zip you can open and see it’s contents. There is a “main.xml” file which is like an addressbook that points to all the drawings and resources, along that there’s a folder that contains all the data, which is basically all the RAW drawings in PNG format. These drawings are cut-out and not aligned as you see them in the editor to preserve space and size, so the XML file organizes the drawings on the editor.

If you want to export a GIF though, you can do it. If you have the latest version you can go to File > Export > Animated GIF. And you’re done. Of course a GIF doesn’t retain information on Layers. Only the flattened frames. I hope this answers your question :slight_smile: