I Can't save HELP

another pic
Captue

@SandCastleDg Sorry to hear you’re having issues. This bug has been reported previously and it seems to have been fixed in most cases in the current development version.

To download the latest development version please visit this link and select your current OS: pencil2d.org/download#nightlybuild

Once you try it out let us know if this problem has been fixed for you or not so we can escalate this issue to the developers. Thanks

I’m not that person, who has just asked you about this problem, but I have the same issue. I tried to download the newest version, but I met this problem again. Maybe it’s because of me doing smth wrong, I’m not sure.

Sorry for disturbing this conversation and for my bad English, and thank you for your help!

@hamayochi Hi, don’t worry about your english, it’s fine. If you are having similar issues did you try downloading the development version? it’s different from the latest “stable” version. Please follow the same link I posted above first pencil2d.org/download#nightlybuild

We are trying to determine if the fix that was implemented in the development version is working or not, but you can only get that version on the NIGHTLY BUILDS section which takes you to a Google Drive folder with many development versions.

Please try that out first and when you comment again let us know if t worked or not and if it didn’t please state in your comment what Operating System you are using (e.g Windows 7, Mac OSX 10.11, UbuntuLinux 13.04, etc)

yes, I’ve downloaded the development version, and the problem is still here.
My OS is Windows 8.1. Thanks for fast reply!

@hamayochi Ok, meanwhile I can get a developer to look into this can you try the following procedures:

1. Please run the Pencil2d.exe program as an administrator, (the only Pencil2d.exe has the project icon) here’s a guide that can help you to accomplish that:
  1. Try to run the software in compatibility mode with previous windows versions (Windows 7 is recommended in your case):
  1. It is a long shot but it’s possible that the UAC (User Account Control) is set very high and is not allowing any kind of program or DLL file to enter your system for that here’s a guide to disable it (if you are not the system administrator you’d have to ask them to help or get the password for your computer workstation in order to do this)

How to Disable UAC for Specific programs

How to Disable UAC for all programs

@chchwy @scribblemaniac Hey, sorry to bother you both but It seems the save issue is still happening even on the development versions. This time the affected users have Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 respectively. Please follow the development of this thread in case you have other solutions or questions for them in order to fix this problem eventually.

@hamayochi I forgot to ask, please copy and paste the error that you get when trying to save. There should be a big window that is similar to what the original poster had. It is very important that you post that notice here in order to track the problem. Even If you’re having a different window or error try to copy it or if it’s not allowed to screenshot it (you can paste screenshots from the clipboard directly into the forum comment)

Thank you for your cooperation in this matter :slightly_smiling_face:

That’s how the problem looks like

FileManager::save
sFileName = C:/Users/Скреч/Pictures/картиночки/МояАнимация.pclx
New zipped Pencil File Format (*.pclx) !
TempWorkingFolder = C:/Users/Скреч/AppData/Local/Temp/Pencil2D/Default.Y2xD/
Total 3 layers
Layer[0] = [id=1, name=Слой камеры, type=5]
Layer[1] = [id=2, name=Векторный слой, type=2]
Layer[2] = [id=3, name=Растровый слой, type=1]
All Layers saved
Writing main xml file…
Done writing main xml file
Miniz
Zip the folder C:/Users/Скреч/Pictures/картиночки/МояАнимация.pclx to C:/Users/Скреч/AppData/Local/Temp/Pencil2D/Default.Y2xD/
Add file to zip: data/002.001.vec
Cannot add data/002.001.vec to zip
Add file to zip: data/003.001.png
Cannot add data/003.001.png to zip
Add file to zip: data/palette.xml
Cannot add data/palette.xml to zip
Add file to zip: main.xml
Cannot add main.xml to zip
Miniz finalize archive failed
System Info
Pencil version: 0.6.1.1 (dev)
Build ABI: x86_64-little_endian-llp64
Kernel: winnt, 6.3.9600
Operating System: Windows 8.1 (6.3)
end

I’m sorry to say that, but disabling the UAC also didn’t help to get rid of the problem.

@hamayochi I will make a development version later with more debug information.

In order to find the root cause of this issue, I will need your help to paste debug prints like what you just did. appreciate your help.

Thankyou for answering but I still have problem, did I do anything wrong?
Capture

@SandCastleDg No you didn’t do anything wrong, don’t worry, that’s a entirely different issue where your windows installation is lacking a specific file and fortunately it has a fix

Please go to the following help page in order to download and install the “universal c runtime” file for your Windows OS:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2999226/update-for-universal-c-runtime-in-windows

be sure, that I’m always ready to help (sorry for not replying earlier).

Hi @hamayochi
Can you please download the latest nightly build (2 July 2018) and tell us the error message?

Download link:

Thanks!

@chchwy The same problem, I suppose:

FileManager::save
sFileName = C:/Users/Скреч/Pictures/картиночки/myanimation.pclx
New zipped Pencil File Format (*.pclx) !
TempWorkingFolder = C:/Users/Скреч/AppData/Local/Temp/Pencil2D/Default.Y2xD/
Total 3 layers
Layer[0] = [id=1, name=Слой камеры, type=5]
Layer[1] = [id=2, name=Векторный слой, type=2]
Layer[2] = [id=3, name=Растровый слой, type=1]
All Layers saved
Writing main xml file…
Done writing main xml file at
C:/Users/Скреч/AppData/Local/Temp/Pencil2D/Default.Y2xD/main.xml
Miniz
Creating Zip C:/Users/Скреч/Pictures/картиночки/myanimation.pclx from folder C:/Users/Скреч/AppData/Local/Temp/Pencil2D/Default.Y2xD/
Add file to zip: data/002.001.vec
Cannot add data/002.001.vec: 23
Add file to zip: data/003.001.png
Cannot add data/003.001.png: 23
Add file to zip: data/palette.xml
Cannot add data/palette.xml: 23
Add file to zip: main.xml
Cannot add main.xml: 23
Miniz finalize archive failed
System Info
Pencil version: 0.6.1.1 (dev)
Build ABI: x86_64-little_endian-llp64
Kernel: winnt, 6.3.9600
Operating System: Windows 8.1 (6.3)
end

Thank you for your info, it’s very helpful! @hamayochi
It gives us an important error code number that I can trace into the code.

Can you download the 3 July nightly build and try again?

Wow!!! The problem is finally solved! I’m so happy to see it! Thahk you so much, @chchwy!