Devellopement environment

This is a question for the developpers. I use QtCreator but i have to compile in the terminal because QtCreator finds errors that stop the compilation. Is there another SDK that allows you to compile in the software. Are there special features in QtCreator to help it compile Pencil2D???

Anyway if you have any suggestions or ideas i would be happy to hear about them. I would also like to learn more about Pencil2D development environments.

Have a nice animating day you all!

IDE not SDK!

Can’t one edit a message???

I believe editing is time limited, although i’m not sure how big the window is.

I don’t know anything about QT Creator, and not much at all about programming, but who knows what i might be able to help with.

What is your operating system, and what specific errors do you get?

I’m running Fedora Linux.

I can compile my fork of pencil2D. But it’s over 6 month old. All the latest releases give errors during compilation.

Apparently it could bee a probleme of subclasses of Qobject undefined.

/usr/include/QtCore/qobject.h:337:13: note: no known conversion for argument 2 from ‘void (QAbstractButton::)(bool)’ to ‘const char
In file included from /usr/include/QtGui/qtoolbutton.h:45:0,
from /usr/include/QtGui/QToolButton:1,
from interface/editor.h:23,
from interface/colorpalettewidget.cpp:25:
/usr/include/QtGui/qabstractbutton.h:127:10: erreur: ‘void QAbstractButton::clicked(bool)’ is protected
void clicked(bool checked = false);
^
interface/colorpalettewidget.cpp:51:51: erreur: à l’intérieur du contexte
connect( ui->removeColorButton, &QPushButton::clicked, this, &ColorPaletteWidget::clickRemoveColorButton );
^
interface/colorpalettewidget.cpp:51:110: erreur: no matching function for call to ‘ColorPaletteWidget::connect(QPushButton*&, void (QAbstractButton::)(bool), ColorPaletteWidget const, void (ColorPaletteWidget::)())’
connect( ui->removeColorButton, &QPushButton::clicked, this, &ColorPaletteWidget::clickRemoveColorButton );
^
interface/colorpalettewidget.cpp:51:110: note: candidates are:
In file included from /usr/include/QtCore/qiodevice.h:46:0,
from /usr/include/QtCore/qdatastream.h:46,
from /usr/include/QtCore/qpair.h:45,
from /usr/include/QtCore/qhash.h:49,
from /usr/include/QtCore/qdebug.h:46,
from /usr/include/QtCore/QtDebug:1,
from interface/colorpalettewidget.cpp:16:
/usr/include/QtCore/qobject.h:204:17: note: static bool QObject::connect(const QObject
, const char*, const QObject*, const char*, Qt::ConnectionType)
static bool connect(const QObject sender, const char signal,
^
/usr/include/QtCore/qobject.h:204:17: note: no known conversion for argument 2 from ‘void (QAbstractButton::
)(bool)’ to ‘const char

/usr/include/QtCore/qobject.h:217:17: note: static bool QObject::connect(const QObject*, const QMetaMethod&, const QObject*, const QMetaMethod&, Qt::ConnectionType)
static bool connect(const QObject sender, const QMetaMethod &signal,
^
/usr/include/QtCore/qobject.h:217:17: note: no known conversion for argument 2 from ‘void (QAbstractButton::
)(bool)’ to ‘const QMetaMethod&’
/usr/include/QtCore/qobject.h:337:13: note: bool QObject::connect(const QObject*, const char*, const char*, Qt::ConnectionType) const
inline bool QObject::connect(const QObject asender, const char asignal,
^
/usr/include/QtCore/qobject.h:337:13: note: no known conversion for argument 2 from ‘void (QAbstractButton::
)(bool)’ to ‘const char

make[1]: *** [.obj/colorpalettewidget.o] Erreur 1
make[1] : on quitte le répertoire « /home/lukevideo/Téléchargements/pencil-master/core_lib »
make: *** [sub-core_lib-make_default] Erreur 2

no known conversion for argument 2 from [bool] to [const]
This is all i can guess as far as narrowing down the actual problem, but i don’t have any idea what to do with it.

Can you compile pencil2D master branch??

It’s a problem with the connect function. I don’t know if i have the right library s installed?

here is a interesting issue that looks like mine

https://supportforums.blackberry.com/t5/Native-Development/Newbie-QT-question-about-connect/td-p/1947487

Hope it can help. I will try to see if i can adapt a solution…

If it’s a missing library, the needed dev libs are listed here http://www.pencil2d.org/tutorials/advanced/build-pencil2d-linux/

I was having troubles compiling it with Qt5 for a couple of months, but i think that was a problem that was already known to Matt, and once he fixed it i haven’t had any troubles.

Well it’s all gone a bit of topic. I had opened a fedora don’t compile. So sorry for the double post effect.

I finally managed. It wasn’t a missing library but a wrong qmake enabled in Qt-Creator. So i changed to Qmake-qt5 added the qt5-qttools-devel.x86_64 0:5.3.1-1.fc20 binary’s and all is fine now!!!

Thank you very much for the mentioning of Qt5 Milkshaw. It has really helped me find out what was going wrong. It has been to long since i spend some time on pencil2D and i have forgot all these details!

Back to work now!