Custom Tools

I had an idea of making custom tools or Allowing people to make mods/addons for Pencil 2D E.G A rainbow colored pen that is constantly changing while you use it. Or different things like more tools and stuff.

Another one could be in the preferences Bigger Brush Sizes

Hello @pompanomike ! Apparently what you’re talking about are plugins. The plugins are coded **C++ [or file is a .dll]**. If you’re an expert at coding .DLL files, try to edit the plugins but do not mess with them. Hope this helps!

I am going through some old messages I missed and found this. First I want to make something clear. Please do not try to edit or replace the DLL files that come with Pencil2D on Windows. They are not plugins, they are compiled libraries required for Pencil2D to run on Windows. In the best case scenario you will break Pencil2D, in the worst case it can be used as a way to put malware on your computer.

To address the actual idea: there is no plans to support plugins/mods/addons for Pencil2D anytime soon. That would be quite a substantial amount of work, and does not really make sense until we have a fully stable program first to build an API on top of. An API is what these extensions would use to talk with Pencil2D. Since Pencil2D is open source, anyone can create their own versions with custom features by modifying the source code, and in fact a few people have done that. This is similar to modding, but isn’t something that can easily be added to existing version of Pencil2D and these changes cannot be easily used together. Unless the creator publishes pre-built binaries, it also requires a fair amount of technical experience to even get these versions running.